The Freak Brothers soundtrack includes music by Latin Soul Syndicate, Steppenwolf and Madness. This info article contains spoilers and song details for the 2021 Tubi original series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
In The Freak Brothers, three San Francisco stoners seek the ultimate high in 1969. They get blazed out and wake up 50 years later. Meanwhile, a Bay Area woman learns that her basement guests have squatters rights and agrees to let them stay for an indefinite amount of time. Composer Justin Caine Burnett (9-1-1: Lone Star) scored the animated comedy series; music supervisor Jonathan McHugh (Blindspotting) assembled the tunes. Here’s every featured song in The Freak Brothers.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Welcome to Eden’
The Freak Brothers Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “Pilot”
- “Peace and Love” by Latin Soul Syndicate (00:00): The Freak Brothers soundtrack song plays after the title sequence. A landscape shot establishes the setting as 1969 San Francisco during the “Summer of Love.” Various hippies assemble at Haight and Ashbury.
- “Magic Carpet Ride” by Steppenwolf (00:07): The Freak Brothers get high. Franklin (Woody Harrelson) rides a motorcycle, a crowd of men carry Phineas (Pete Davidson) and Freddy (John Goodman) climbs a building.
- “All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix (00:08): Kitty (Tiffany Haddish) smokes up. She imagines herself in Vietnam with a blowtorch.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Candy’
The Freak Brothers Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Squatters Rights”
- “One Step Beyond” by Madness (00:18): The Freak Brothers soundtrack song plays as agents Larsen and Jones chase after the Freak Brothers. They ultimately run into a shielded Bob Pimko.
- “Dreamer” by Rodger Hodson (00:21): Noah speaks with the Freak Brothers after they wake up from a long nap. He shows them security cam footage. The musicalso scores the end credits at 00:25.
- “My Everything Riddim Mix” by Ruwanga “Ru” Samath — Usage Info N/A
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Clark’
The Freak Brothers Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “The Expendables”
- “Born to Be Wild-Remix” by Christian Penny, Ruwanga Samath and Carved in Sound (00:20): The Freak Brothers return to San Francisco after a space adventure. They navigate the Extraterrestrial Highway. The Freak Brothers soundtrack song also scores the end credits.
- “Rollin’ Through Life” by Carved in Sound — Usage Info N/A
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Staircase’
The Freak Brothers Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Son of a Freak”
- “Eye of the Tiger” by RioSurvivor (00:16): Phineas begins training with his alleged son, PJ “Always Barkin'” Larkin, an MMA fighter. They prep for a match against Conor McGregor and decides to consume some ‘shrooms. The Freak Brothers soundtrack song scores a montage sequence.
- “Goody Goody” by Maurice LaMarche — Usage Info N/A
- “The Freak Brothers Theme Song” by Ray Vaughn & The Freak Brothers (00:23): The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The 7 Lives of Lea’
The Freak Brothers airs weekly on Tubi. New episodes premiere every Sunday through the fall 2021. This article about the The Freak Brothers soundtrack will be updated as the series progresses.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.