The Buccaneers soundtrack includes music by Taylor Swift, Lucius and War Paint. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Katherine Jakeways’ Apple TV+ series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
The Buccaneers stars Kristine Froseth as Nan St. George, a New York City native who moves to London with her family during the 1870s. Alisha Boe co-stars as Conchitta Closson, Nan’s wild sister who feels unaccepted by her husband. The storyline follows the main players and their siblings as they shake up high society. Composer Avawaves (The Silent Canary) scored the Apple TV+ series; music supervisor Matt Biffa (Sex Education) selected the featured needle-drops. In addition, Emily Kokal and Miya Folick recorded the intro track, “North American Scum.” Here’s every song in The Buccaneers, an adaptation of Edith Wharton’s 1938 novel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Lessons in Chemistry’
The Buccaneers Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “American Poison”
- “Let the Games Begin” by Lucius (00:00): The Buccaneers soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Nan wears a green dress. She carries a box of flowers.
- “What We Wanna” by Miya Folick (00:07): Conchitta and her sisters drink champagne. The music continues during a transition scene. Interstitial graphics identify each of the title characters.
- “Tick” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs (00:16): Theo (Guy Remmers) talks to his mother about “a young lady of refinement.” The track continues during an exterior scene. Nan screams with glee while traveling in a carriage.
- “Nothing New” by Taylor Swift (00:30): The Buccaneers soundtrack song sets in as Nan hugs Conchitta. A wedding sequence begins. Nan wears a royal blue dress.
- “Ankhas” by Warpaint (00:48): The music accompanies an exterior scene. Nan chats with Theo. The track scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Hijack’
The Buccaneers Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Women or Wives”
- “Savoir Faire” by Beth Ditto (00:01): The Buccaneers soundtrack song scores an exterior scene. Nan prepares for a weekend away. Conchitta has fun with her sisters.
- “Different Light” by Best Coast (00:06): Conchitta enjoys an adult beverage. She flirts with Lord Richard (Josh Dylan). Conchitta and company swim together.
- “Be Sweet” by Japanese Breakfast (00:13): The music plays during an interior scene. Conchitta dances and jokes around with Lord Richard. Lord James (Barney Fishwick) stares at Jinny (Imogen Waterhouse).
- “Undertow” by War Paint (00:20): Mabel (Josie Totah) gives a drink to Honoria (Mia Threapleton). The Buccaneers soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Lizzy (Aubri Ibrag) dances with Lord James.
- “Right on Time” by Bully (00:24): Jinny passive-aggressively insults Lizzy. Mabel calls out to her sisters. A game of hide-and-seek begins.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Crowded Room’
The Buccaneers Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “The Perfect Duchess”
- “Broken Horses (In the Canyon Haze)” by Brandi Carlile (00:21): The Buccaneers soundtrack song scores an interior scene. Nan and Theo paint together. The characters ride horses during a transition scene.
- “Lifeline” by Sedona (00:35): Nan attends a ball. Theo dances with his mother. Guy (Matthew Broome) stares at Nan.
- “Ice Cream” by Lucius (00:41): A ball scene continues. Nan dances with Guy. She talks to him about Theo and a secret.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Platonic’
The Buccaneers Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “Homecoming”
- “Big Time” by Angel Olsen (00:01): The Buccaneers soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Patti wakes up in her bedroom. She organizes medals and looks out a window.
- “Dance” by ESG (00:20): Patricia says, “Nan knows.” The music continues during a transition scene. Jinny dances with Lord Richard at a social event.
- “Down by Law” by Alison Mosshart (00:37): Nan finishes a conversation with Patti. Theo navigates a social event. He makes eye contact with Nan.
- “Feel Good” by Sharon Van Etten (00:40): The Buccaneers soundtrack song accompanies an interior scene. Theo kisses Nan. He says, “I love you.”
- “Anyway I Look At It” by Emily Kokal (00:47): Patti talks about doing her very best to be a grownup. The music continues during a transition scene. Conchitta talks about moving to New York.
- “Suburban House” by Holly Macve (00:51): Patti finishes a conversation with her husband. The music sets in as she reacts to an insult. Patti organizes medals and other objects.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘High Desert’
The Buccaneers Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “Failed Betrayal”
- “Rebel Girl” by Bikini Kill (00:21): The Buccaneers soundtrack song scores an outdoors sequence. Various characters navigate a maze. Richard and Lizzy stare at each other.
- “Into the Dark” by Danielle Ponder (00:37): Nan talks to Guy and Theo. Honoria looks at a bonfire. The track scores the end credits at 00:46.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘City on Fire’
The Buccaneers airs weekly on Apple TV+. New episodes premiere every Wednesday through December 13, 2023. This article about The Buccaneers soundtrack will be updated as the series progresses.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.