The Killer soundtrack includes music by The Smiths, Portishead and Qbanito. This info article contains spoilers and song details for David Fincher’s 2023 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The Killer stars Michael Fassbender as The Killer, a professional assassin who protects himself after a failed hit. Tilda Swinton co-stars as The Expert, a criminal who gets mixed up in an underworld conspiracy. The storyline follows the focal antihero as he executes a retirement plan. Composers Trent Reznor (The Social Network) and Atticus Ross (The Social Network) scored the 118-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Paul Luther Jackson (Lake Placid: The Final Chapter) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in The Killer, an adaptation of Matz and Luc Jacamon’s comic book series.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Nyad’
The Killer Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Netflix Movie
- “Well I Wonder” by The Smiths (00:03:00): The Killer soundtrack song accompanies an interior scene. Fassbender’s character talks about the concept of justice. He plays a song on his iPod.
- “How Soon Is Now” by The Smiths (00:18:00): The Killer listens to music. He uses a bottle of eye drops. The Killer says that nobody can afford him.
- “Hand in Glove” by The Smiths (00:30:00): The music is featured during an airplane scene. Fassbender’s character listens to music. He wears sunglasses and a beige cap.
- “Glory Box” by Portishead (00:32:00): The Killer soundtrack song plays during an exterior scene. The title character runs while carrying a gun. Music plays from a speaker system.
- “Fiesta Latina” by Qbanito (00:40:00): The Killer enters a building. Music plays from a speaker system. The Killer looks at computer files.
- “Vuelve Conmigo” by DS Dariel feat. JC Karo (00:46:00): The Killer shoots a taxi driver. Music plays from the speaker system. The Killer exits the taxi.
- “Bigmouth Strikes Again” by The Smiths (00:47:00): The Killer soundtrack song is featured during an airplance scene. The Killer listens to music. He wears dark sunglasses.
- “Girlfriend in a Coma” by The Smiths (00:49:00): The Killer parks a vehicle. Music plays from the speaker system. The Killer receives help in an Ace Hardware parking lot.
- “Shoplifters of the World Unite” by The Smiths (00:50:00): The Killer sits in a vehicle. He eats a banana. The Killer listens to music.
- “Unhappy Birthday” by The Smiths (01:03:00): Fassbender’s character murders Dolores (Kerry O’Malley). The Killer soundtrack song sets in as he steps over her body. The Killer enters a van.
- “This Charming Man” by The Smiths (01:04:00): The Killer drives a white van. Music plays from the speaker system. The Killer wears a dark hat.
- “Chopstick” by Orlando Angelo (01:07:00): Chapter 4 begins. The Killer drives a vehicle in Florida. Music plays from a nearby speaker system.
- “Pop Pop” by Avalanche the Architect (01:09:00): Fassbender’s character sits in a vehicle. The Killer soundtrack song plays from a passing car. The Killer wears a Hawaiian shirt.
- “Another Level” by Crewsont (01:10:00): The Killer waits outside The Palmetto Casino in a vehicle. He wears a black beanie. Music plays from a nearby speaker system.
- “Can’t Help Myself” by nok nok x Tkettle feat. Clara Jo (01:37:00): The Killer enters a hotel lobby. Music plays from the speaker system. The Killer approaches the front desk area.
- “There Is a Light That Never Goes Out” by The Smiths (01:50:00): The Killer talks about the need to feel secure. He sits next to Magdala (Sophie Charlotte). The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Wingwomen’
The Killer soundtrack also includes:
- “I Know It’s Over” by The Smiths
- “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” by The Smiths
- “Better Than” by Gretchen Parlato
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.