The Fingernails soundtrack includes music by Frankie Valli, The Everly Brothers and The Flying Pickets. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Christos Nikou’s 2023 Apple TV+ movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Fingernails stars Jessie Buckley as Anna, a teacher who accepts a job at a tech company. Riz Ahmed co-stars as Amir, a lonely man who pretends to be in a happy relationship. The storyline follows the main players as they fall in love despite not being an ideal match (according to their company’s technology). Composer Christopher Stracey (Cha Cha Real Smooth) scored the 113-minute Apple TV+ film; music supervisor Rob Lowry (Do Revenge) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Fingernails.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Flora and Son’
Fingernails Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Apple TV+ Movie
- “Total Eclipse of the Heart” by Studio Musicians (00:00:00): The Fingernails soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Anna drives a vehicle. She sings along to the music.
- “Impressions of You (Acoustic)” by Kelly Finnegan (00:05:00): The track is featured during an interior scene. Anna talks to dinner guests about Love Institute technology. Music plays from a speaker system.
- “Lost in the Night” by Kostas Kostandinos (00:06:00): An interior scene continues. Two dinner guests dance to the music. Anna talks to Ryan (Jeremy Allen White) about taking dance lessons.
- “Only You” by Luke Top feat. Sofia Bolt (00:15:00): Duncan chats with employees. The Fingernails soundtrack song plays from a speaker system. Anna wears headphones.
- “Elle était si jolie” by Musou Music Group (00:39:00): The music is featured during an interior scene. Duncan hosts a one-year anniversary party. Two people sing during a karaoke sequence.
- “Only You” by Jessie Buckley (00:47:00): Anna fills out paperwork. She sings to herself. Amir observes her from a door entrance.
- “Head to Toe” by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam (00:52:00): Anna arrives at a social event with Ryan. The Fingernails soundtrack song plays from a speaker system. Amir meets Ryan.
- “Don’t Go” by Yazoo (00:54:00): A party sequence continues. Duncan talks to a blonde woman. Anna and Amir make eye contact while dancing.
- “I’m Taking This Hard” by Factor of One (00:54:00): Anna cuts a cake. Music plays from a speaker system. Anna talks to Natasha (Annie Murphy) about Amir.
- “The Night” by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons (00:56:00): Anna finishes a conversation with Natasha. The Fingernails soundtrack song sets in as she reaches an epiphany. Anna watches Amir dance.
- “Until Then” by Tresa Leigh (01:03:00): The track plays during an exterior scene. Anna sits in a car with Amir. Music plays from the speaker system.
- “Let It Be Me” by The Everly Brothers (01:06:00): Anna visits Amir’s home. She looks at his movie collection. Amir tries to reveal his true feelings.
- “La Mer” by Studio Musicians (01:20:00): Amir talks about romantic lyrics. Anna plays the Fingernails soundtrack song. A woman sings along to the music.
- “Only You” by The Flying Pickets (01:48:00): Amir takes care of Anna. He says, “This is going to hurt.” The track scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Lessons in Chemistry’
Fingernails premiered on Apple TV on November 3, 2023.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.