The Flora and Son soundtrack includes music by Eve Hewson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Orén Kinlan. This info article contains spoilers and song details for John Carney’s 2023 Apple TV+ movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Flora and Son stars Eve Hewson as Flora, a single mother in Dublin. Joseph Gordon-Levitt co-stars as Jeff, the protagonist’s Los Angeles-based guitar teacher. The storyline follows Flora as she falls in love while developing her son’s music career. Composers John Carney (Sing Street) and Gary Clark (Sing Street) scored the 97-minute Apple TV+ film and also wrote the original tunes. Here’s every song in Flora and Son.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Beanie Bubble’
Flora and Son Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Apple TV+ Movie
- “You Can Dance (Robotaki Remix)” by Chilly Gonzales (00:01:00): The Flora and Son soundtrack song plays during the opening sequence. Flora parties at a night club. The music drops as she wakes up in her bedroom.
- “Love of My Life” by Laci Kaye Booth (00:12:00): Flora watches American Idol. A contestant’s performance concludes. The judges offer feedback.
- “Abra Da Cabra” by Gary Clark (00:15:00): An exterior scene begins. Flora stops at Chancery House. Music plays from a speaker system.
- “I Hope That I Don’t Fall in Love with You” by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (00:18:00): Jeff meets with Flora online. He talks about guitar chords. Jeff performs different arrangements of the Flora and Son soundtrack song.
- “I Get Along with You Very Well” by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (00:26:00): Jeff teaches Flora online. They argue about musical theories. Jeff sings an original song.
- “Crumlin to LA” by Jack Reynor, Gary Clark (00:31:00): An interior scene begins. Ian (Jack Reynor) hangs out with Max. He shows him a music video from the past.
- “Welcome to L.A.” by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (00:37:00): Jeff talks to Flora online. He performs an original song. The Flora and Son soundtrack song is featured again at 00:52:00 and 01:00:00.
- “Dublin07” by Eve Hewson, Orén Kinlan (00:46:00): Flora hangs out with Max. She talks about his “professional” music production. Flora and Max collaborate on a song.
- “Juanita” by Eve Hewson (00:49:00): Flora meets with Ian. She reluctantly decides to play an original song. Flora sings about Ian’s girlfriend.
- “I’ll Be the One” by Adam Hunter (00:57:00): Flora and Max work on a new tune. The Flora and Son soundtrack song plays during a kitchen sequence. Flora and Max record a music video.
- “Strawberry Moon” by Kelly Thornton, Gavin Glass, Rachel Grace (01:27:00): A night club sequence begins. Musicians perform live for an audience. Heart (Kelly Thornton) finishes a song.
- “High Life” by Eve Hewson, Orén Kinlan (01:29:00): A night club scene begins. Flora, Max and Ian perform a new song. Jeff appears on a monitor.
- “Talking to You” by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (01:34:00): The credits begin. Jeff sends a message to Flora. He performs an original song.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Bad Sisters’
The Flora and Son soundtrack also includes:
- “Gloria” by Melissa Morefield
- “Both Sides Now” by Joni Mitchell
- “Meet in the Middle” by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Eve Hewson
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.