The Mill soundtrack includes music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig Van Beethoven and Flesh Field. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Sean King O’Grady’s 2023 Hulu movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The Mill stars Lil Rel Howery as Joe, a middle-level manager for a company called Mallard. Pat Healy co-stars as Guard, the protagonist’s co-worker who appears as a different person. The storyline follows Joe as he wakes up in a strange building and learns the truth about his existence. Composer David Chapdelaine (We Need to Do Something) scored the 106-minute Hulu film; music supervisor Justin Kamps (Nancy Drew) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in The Mill.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Appendage’
The Mill Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Hulu Movie
- “Blue Danube Waltz Op. 314” by Johann Strauss Jr., APM Music (00:18:00): Joe pushes a piece of steel.The Mill soundtrack song continues as he groans. Joe exhales and says, “Come on.”
- “Symphony No 9 in D Minor, Op 125” by Ludwig Van Beethoven, APM Music (00:26:00): Joe talks to “Neighbor” (Patrick Fischler). An alarm blares. Neighbor says, “Have fun!”
- “Happy Clockmaker” by APM Music (00:31:00): An alarm blares. Joe pushes a wheel. He grunts while wearing a white tank top.
- “Lacrimosa from Requiem in D Min” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, APM Music (00:40:00): Joe lashes out at an automated voice. The Mill soundtrack song sets in as he continues working. The camera focuses on Joe’s red and white Nike sneakers.
- “Fantaisle-Impromptu in C Sharp Min. Op. 66” by Frederic Francois Chopin, APM Music (00:50:00): An alarm blares. The tune plays as Joe drinks a bottle of water. He mouths something to himself and keeps working.
- “Uprising” by Flesh Field (01:40:00): The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘No One Will Save You’
The Mill soundtrack also includes:
- “The Nutcracker Suite Op. 71a — Dance of the Reed — Flutes” by Peter Tchaikovsky, APM Music
- “Concerto ‘La Primavera’: I. Allegro” by Antonio Lucio Vivaldi, Venetian Ensemble, APM Music
- “Act 2: Overture” by Antonin Dvorak, APM Music
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.