The Cocaine Bear soundtrack includes music by Jefferson Starship, Depeche Mode and Grandmaster Melle Mel. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Elizabeth Banks’ 2023 movie on Peacock and Amazon. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Cocaine Bear stars Keri Russell as Sari, a nurse who visits Chattahoochee–Oconee National Forest. Alden Ehrenreich co-stars as Eddie, the son of a desperate drug trafficker. The storyline follows Sari as she looks for her missing daughter while learning about an animal threat. Composer Mark Mothersbaugh (The Mitchells vs the Machines) scored the 95-minute film; music supervisors Julianne Jordan (A Star Is Born) and Julia Michels (The Old Guard) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Cocaine Bear.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Poker Face’
Cocaine Bear Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Movie
- “Jane” by Jefferson Starship (00:00:00): The Cocaine Bear soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Andrew Thornton (Andrew Thornton) travels in an airplane. He falls with a stash of cocaine.
- “The Warrior” by Scandal feat. Patty Smyth (00:09:00): Bob (Isiah Whitlock Jr.) sits in a vehicle and looks at his dog. The track continues during a transition scene. Daveed (O’Shea Jackson Jr.) navigates a game room in St. Louis, Missouri.
- “Love Song of the Waterfall” by Slim Whitman (00:16:00): Ranger Liz (Margo Martindale) looks in a mirror. Music plays from a speaker system. Ranger Liz talks to Vest (J.B. Moore).
- “On the Wings of Love” by Jeffrey Osborne (00:23:00): Daveed starts a vehicle. The Cocaine Bear soundtrack song plays as Eddie looks through a window. He talks about the late Joan.
- “Too Hot Ta Trot” by The Commodores (00:32:00): Daveed and Eddie talk to Kid/Stache (Aaron Holliday). The track continues during a transition sequence. Bob drives a vehicle.
- “No More Words” by Berlin (00:48:00): Beth (Kahyun Kim) parks an ambulance. Music plays from the speaker system. Beth stops her engine.
- “Just Can’t Get Enough (The Math Club Remix)” by Depeche Mode (00:52:00): Beth drives an ambulance. The Cocaine Bear soundtrack song plays as she calls out to Tom (Scott Seiss). Ranger Liz holds a gun.
- “White Lines (Re-Record)” by Grandmaster Melle Mel (01:29:00): Carol and Rodney record a group of bears. The track scores the film’s end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Mrs. Davis’
The Cocaine Bear soundtrack also includes:
- “Pyro (Dizzy Spells Remix)” by Young Goose
- “Trail of Tears” by Kathy Dee
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.