The Blonde soundtrack includes music by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Andrew Dominik’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Blonde stars Ana de Armas as Norma Jeane, a California orphan who transforms into the legendary Marilyn Monroe. Adrien Brody co-stars as The Playwright, the protagonist’s husband who looks after his wife’s mental health. The storyline follows Norma Jeane as her life spirals out of control during the early 60s. Composers Nick Cave (Wind River) and Warren Ellis (Hell or High Water) scored the 166-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Rachel Fox handled the featured tunes. Here’s every song in Blonde, an adaptation of Joyce Carol Oates’ 2000 novel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Lou’
Blonde Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Ev-ry Baby Needs a Da-Da-Daddy” from Ladies of the Chorus by Lester Lee and Allan Roberts (00:16:00): Young Norma Jeane (Lily Fisher) learns that she’s moving to an orphanage. The Blonde soundtrack song scores a transition sequence. Norma Jeane turns into a pin-up star.
- “Kiss” from Niagara by Haven Gillespie and Lionel Newman (00:42:00): Norma Jeane has a threesome with Cass Chaplin (Xavier Samuel) and Eddy Robinson Jr. (Evan Williams). She moans as the music sets in. Norma Jeane sings the song in a movie during a transition scene.
- “Bye Bye Baby” from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Jule Styne and Leo Robin (01:05:00): The tune scores a black and white scene. Norma Jeane sits in her dressing room. A record plays at a movie set.
- “Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend” from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Jule Styne and Leo Robin (01:16:00): The Blonde soundtrack song plays during a movie premiere sequence. Norma Jeane hopes to see her estranged father. She sings during a movie scene.
- “I Wanna Be Loved By You” from Some Like It Hot by Bert Kalmar, Harry Ruby and Herbert Stothart (01:51:00): Norma Jeane falls at the beach while pregnant. She is photographed by the paparazzi. Norma Jeane sings during a film production and screams at director Billy Wilder (Ravil Isyanov).
The Blonde soundtrack also includes:
- “Rose and Patrick” by Sol Kaplan
- “Strangled” by Sol Kaplan
- “Warm and Tender” by Nick Cave
- “Bright Horses” by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- “La Cumparsita” by Gerardo H. Matos Rodriguez, Enrique Pedro Maroni and Pascual Contursi
- “Runnin’ Wild” by Arthur Gibbs, Leo Wood and Joseph Grey
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Q.V. (Quinn) Hough is Vague Visages’ founding editor.