The Man from Toronto soundtrack includes music by Elvis Crespo, bbno$ and Wolfmother. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Patrick Hughes’ 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The Man from Toronto stars Kevin Hart as Teddy Jackson, an American fitness expert who poses as a legendary assassin. Woody Harrelson co-stars as Randy, a Canadian contract killer who turns on his handler. The storyline follows the main characters as they travel together and try to reach a mutually-beneficial arrangement. Composer Ramin Djawadi (Game of Thrones) scored the 112-minute Netflix film, which includes a total of 18 credited tracks. Here’s every song in The Man from Toronto.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Spiderhead’
The Man from Toronto Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Little Light” by Amos Lee (00:06:00): The Man from Toronto soundtrack song plays during a Yorktown montage sequence. A radio DJ talks to listeners on a Monday morning. Teddy wakes up Lori (Jasmine Mathews) on her birthday.
- “Yup!” by Yung Gravy (00:08:00): Teddy leaves his home. He passes out pamphlets for Marty’s Fitness. The music drops as Teddy pitches an idea for non-contact boxing.
- “Closer” by Powers (00:14:00): Teddy drives to a lake home in Onacock, Virginia. He complains about the toner on a printout. Teddy arrives at the wrong home.
- “Suavamente” by Elvis Crespo (00:23:00): Teddy meets Santoro (Jencarlos Canela). He worries about the FBI agent “taking care of” Lori. The Man from Toronto soundtrack song scores a slo-mo sequence.
- “Coral” by Ron Esposito (00:26:00): Lori receives a phone call from Teddy. Music plays during a manicure session. Lori talks about Santoro’s Harvard education.
- “Edamame” by bbno$ feat. Rich Brian (00:28:00): Lori finishes a manicure session. She smiles as Santoro opens a limousine door. The FBI agent says, “Washington awaits.”
- “Yo Quiero Contigo” by Gambizi and Dos Four (00:45:00): Teddy reacts after a plane explosion. The Man from Toronto soundtrack song accompanies a transition sequence. The Man from Miami (Pierson Fodé) attacks Philip Beaumont (Tig Fong) at a golf course.
- “Naci Orishas” by Orishas (00:46:00): Teddy and The Man from Toronto shop in Toronto. They discuss a tech company event. Teddy receives a makeover.
- “Aonde Você Vai” by Antonio Adolfo (01:10:00): The Man from Toronto speaks with Annie (Kaley Cuoco) at L’Ambassadeur. Lori asks Teddy to dance. Hart’s character gets upset about a “Santi” [Santoro] reference.
- “December” by Myles Cameron (01:25:00): The Man from Toronto soundtrack song scores a time-lapse sequence. Teddy mopes and arrives at his home. He listens to a voicemail from Lori.
- “Joker and the Thief” by Wolfmother (01:30:00): Teddy and The Man from Toronto square off against various assassins. The track plays during a fight sequence at Marty’s Fitness. Teddy battles The Man from Moscow (Oleg Taktarov).
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Hustle’
The Man from Toronto soundtrack also includes:
- “I’m a Boss” by Zaryah feat. Kia
- “Bailalo” by Chloe Jane
- “Be There” by Sabrina Lee
- “Canoe (Instrumental)” by Pure Intruders
- “Before Grey” by Extended
- “External Organ” by Sunshine Sessions feat. Johnny Dyer
- “Ride or Die” by Tai Verdes
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.