The Marilyn’s Eyes soundtrack includes music by Baccara, Alabama Shakes and Belle & Sebastian. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Simone Godano’s 2021 movie on Netflix. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Marilyn’s Eyes stars Stefano Accorsi as Diego, an Italian chef with a nervous disorder. Miriam Leone co-stars as Clara, a self-proclaimed actress who turns a psychiatric facility into a legitimate restaurant. The storyline follows the protagonists as they find happiness while pursuing their personal and professional goals. Composer Andrea Farri (Italian Race) scored the romantic comedy, a 114-minute film that includes several needle-drop tunes. Here’s every song in Marilyn’s Eyes.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Bubble’
Marilyn’s Eyes Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “Regina Della Notte Due” by Leandro Piccioni, Mario Tronco (00:00:00): The Marilyn’s Eyes soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Diego breaks down during a stylized slo-mo scene. The aria ends as the title graphic appears.
- “Yes Sir, I Can Boogie” by Baccara (00:34:00): Clara visits an amusement park with Adelaide (Ariella Reggio). The music kicks in after the characters pay. “Yes Sir, I Can Boogie” continues during a bumper car sequence.
- “Monster Mash” by CrabCorp (00:54:00): Clara and Diego deal with a water leak. The characters try to protect their psychiatric facility. Residents discuss the leak after the music drops.
- “Always Alright” by Alabama Shakes (01:04:00): The lights turn on at the Monroe. Clara and Diego admire their new restaurant. The Marilyn’s Eyes soundtrack song plays during a guest montage.
- “The Boy with the Arab Strap” by Belle & Sebastian (01:19:00): Clara receives a phone call. She books a party of eight for the Monroe. Paris (Thomas Trabacchi) discusses an opportunity with Chip (Andrea Di Casa).
- “Pieno Slancio Swing!” by Mattia Battistini (01:21:00): Clara discusses the Monroe’s daily menu with Diego. A band plays at the establishment. Clara looks around the Monroe.
- “I Wanna Be Loved By You” by Marilyn Monroe from Some Like It Hot (00:42:00): Diego sings the Marilyn’s Eyes soundtrack song while speaking with Clara. The track is later performed by both characters at 01:24:00.
- “Harlem River” by Kevin Morby (01:31:00): Bianca (Giulia Patrignani) leaves the Monroe during a fire scare. She speaks with her father about his stage performance with Clara. The song accompanies another slo-mo sequence.
- “Nei Tuoi Occhi” by Francesca Michielin (01:48:00): The Marilyn’s Eyes soundtrack song plays during during the end credits.
The Marilyn’s Eyes soundtrack also includes:
- “What’s the Time” by FM Records
- “Bad Boy Boogie” by Audio Network Limited
- “Rockabilly Trouble” by Lincoln Grounds
- “My Home Town” by Audio Network Limited
- “Tiburon” by Audio Network Limited
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.