The Meskina soundtrack includes music by Numidia, Kinderen Voor Kinderen and Leugens. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Daria Bukvic’s 2021 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Meskina stars Maryam Hassouni as Leyla Idrissi, a 30-year-old Moroccan-Dutch woman who seeks an ideal romantic partner. Soundos El Ahmadi co-stars as Amira, the protagonist’s charismatic sister who offers love advice while experiencing marital issues. The storyline follows Leyla as she recovers from a public scandal and meets two Prince Charmings. Composer Matthijs Kieboom (Van der Valk) scored the Dutch comedy, which includes a steady amount of mainstream music during the 94-minute runtime. Here’s every song in Meskina.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Bubble’
Meskina Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “Arrivé” by Numidia (00:01:00): Two young men enter a wedding party. The Meskina soundtrack song scores the moment. Najat (Rachida Iaallala) eats and looks for Leyla.
- “Fitlala” by Kinderen Voor Kinderen (00:04:00): Amira and Klaas (Oscar Aerts) listen to music in their vehicle. Leyla introduces her sister via narration. The song plays again at 01:14:00.
- “Lala Laaroussa Ya Nouara” by Jalal El Hamdaoui (Uncredited; 00:05:00): The track plays during a party sequence. Newlyweds celebrate in a vehicle. Leyla narrates about Moroccan women at a wedding.
- “Wij” by JJ Pelmelay & Hits Over Time (Uncredited; 00:12:00): Leyla holds hands with Abdelkarim (Olaf Ait Tami). She narrates about people following their relationship. Photographers take pictures of the couple as the Meskina soundtrack song continues.
- “Lauwtje” by Leugens feat. Josylvio & Esko (00:18:00): Leyla listens to music in bed. She receives a visit from Amira. The track scores a similar situation at 01:02:00.
- “Arabica” by Sprint Edge, Glenn Eddie Meul & Vince Peersman (Uncredited; 00:30:00): The music accompanies a slo-mo sequence. Malika (Jouman Fattal) arrives for a meeting. Leyla jokes about her being the “Moroccan Meryl Streep.”
- “More Life” by Tarqs, Jammz & Don Sinini (Uncredited; 01:00:00): Amira looks at men on a phone app. Her husband Klaas sleeps nearby as the Meskina soundtrack song plays. Fabian (Vincent Banic) talks about his new job in Qatar with Leyla.
- “Chale” by Numidia, Johnny 500, Chip Charlez (01:20:00): Numidia performs at the Music Industry Awards. Various characters dance at the venue. The track fades as the awards host asks the crowd to cheer for Numidia.
- “Alala Bechwiya” by Jalal El Hamdaoui (Uncredited; 01:31:00): Rayan (Bilal Wahib) hypes up a wedding crowd. Najat (Rachida Iaallala) celebrate her marriage to Ali (Najib Amhali). The Meskina soundtrack song fades as Leyla narrates about her journey.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Death on the Nile’
The Meskina soundtrack also includes:
- ‘Volg Mij” by Bilal Wahib
- “Lach Nooit” by Piet Junior & Jeffrey Heesen
- “Wat Liefde Is” by Samya
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.