The Death on the Nile soundtrack includes music by Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Lucky Millinder and The Staple Singers. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Kenneth Branagh’s 2022 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Death on the Nile stars Kenneth Branagh as Hercule Poirot, a Belgian detective who investigates the murder of an heiress. Emma Mackey co-stars as Jacqueline de Bellefort, the most logical suspect who crashes a honeymoon gathering. The storyline follows Poirot as he gauges the motivations of several main players. Composer Patrick Doyle (Sense and Sensibility) scored the 127-minute film; music supervisor Maggie Rodford (A Boy Called Christmas) handled the featured tunes. Here’s every song in Death on the Nile, an adaption of Agatha Christie’s 1937 novel and a sequel to the 2017 film Murder on the Orient Express.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Bubble’
Death on the Nile Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “That’s All (Live)” by Sister Rosetta Tharpe (00:09:00): Blondin introduces musician Salome Otterbourne (Sophie Okonedo) to a night club audience. The Death on the Nile soundtrack song scores a dance sequence. Simon (Armie Hammer) boogies with Jackie.
- “Up Above My Head, I Hear Music in the Air” by Sister Rosetta Tharpe (00:11:00): Linnet (Gal Gadot) arrives at a night club. The paparazzi wait outside her cab. Salome sings another song; the track plays later at 00:41:00.
- “Rock Me” by Sister Rosetta Tharpe (00:13:00): Jackie introduces Simon to Linnet. Musicians perform the Death on the Nile soundtrack song in the background. Salome sings once again as Simon dances with Linnet.
- “Shout, Sister, Shout!” by Lucky Millinder & His Orchestra, Sister Rosetta Tharpe (00:34:00): Poirot and company escape from Jackie. They board the S.S. Karnak. Linnet kisses Simon.
- “Nobody’s Fault But Mine” by Sister Rosetta Tharpe (00:54:00): Jackie spins a knife. She enjoys a drink while gazing across a room. The camera pans around Jackie.
- “Stand By Me” by The Staple Singers (01:58:00): Salome performs at a night club. Poirot arrives and sits by myself. The Death on the Nile soundtrack song scores the film’s final moments.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Crime, Drama, Mystery, Soundtracks of Cinema
You must be logged in to post a comment.