The Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings soundtrack includes music by Brian Rich, 21 Savage and Swae Lee. This info article contains spoilers for Destin Daniel Cretton’s 2021 MCU movie. Visit the Vague Visages Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings stars Simu Liu as Xu Shang-Chi, a San Francisco resident and trained assassin. Awkwafina co-headlines as Katy, the protagonist’s charismatic best friend who travels with him to China. In Ta Lo, the characters defend an ancient gate against Shang-Chi’s father, Wenwu. Composer Joel P. West (Short Term 12) scored the 2021 blockbuster, which is full of upbeat needle drop bangers. Here’s every featured song in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 MCU Movie
- “Act Up” by Brian Rich & EarthGang (00:10:00): The Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings soundtrack music scores the first present day sequence. Shang-Chi wakes up and gets dressed. The song plays over cityscape visuals of San Francisco.
- “Foolish” by Brian Rich, Warren Hue and Guapdad 4000 (00:11:00): Katy, who describes herself as “the Asian Jeff Gordon,” cruises through the streets of San Francisco. The music plays in the background as Shaun tells a story about meeting his long-time friend.
- “A Whole New World” by Alan Menken and Tim Rice (00:13:00): Shaun and Katy perform the Aladdin song in a karaoke booth. The moment lasts for a few seconds.
- “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X (00:13:00): Shaun and Katy sing another song.
- “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith (00:13:00): Shaun and Katy sing a third tune in the karaoke montage.
- “This Is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan (00:13:00): The music can be heard during the karaoke sequence. Shaun and Katy sleep on a couch in their booth.
- “Lose Control” by JJ Lin (00:14:00): The Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings soundtrack tune scores a street sequence. Shaun walks to Katy’s home. The music fades as he speaks with Mrs. Chen (Jodi Long).
- “Run It” by DJ Snake, Rick Ross, and Rich Brian (00:17:00): Shaun defends himself on a bus. He punches an attacker and surprises Katy. The music continues as Shaun beats up various henchmen.
- “In the Dark” by Swae Lee (00:27:00): Katy teases Shaun about his name change. The music scores their arrival in Macau. Katy likes what she sees.
- “Hotel California” by Eagles (00:39:00): Katy sings the song during a fight sequence. It’s a reference to her first meeting with Shaun. Katy and her pal sing the song again at 02:04:00 with Wong (Benedict Wong) during the mid-credits scene.
- “Fire in the Sky” by Anderson .Paak (01:59:00): Wong arrives in a San Francisco bar to speak with Shaun and Katy. The Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings soundtrack tune scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
- “Swan Song” by Saweetie and NIKI (02:11:00): Xu Xialing (Meng’er Zhang) appears in a second credits scene. She tells her followers that there’s a lot of work to do. The track plays during a wide landscape visual that ends the film as a whole.
The Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings soundtrack also includes:
- “Baba Says” by Adawa, Shayiting EL and Henry Lau
- “Lazy Susan” by 21 Savage, Rich Brian, Warren Hue and Masiwei
- “Warriors” by Warren Hue and Seori
- “Clocked Out!” by Audrey Nuna and NIKI
- “Dan Yuan Ren Chang Jiu” by Teresa Teng
- “Butterfly [Upswing Mix]” by SMiLE.dk
- “Du Shang Xi Liu” by Teresa Teng
- “Escape” by Bekon and The Donuts
- “Never Gonna Come Down” by Mark Tuan and BIBI
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.