The Home Sweet Home Alone soundtrack includes music by Robert Goulet, Tom Petty and John Williams. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Dan Mazer’s 2021 Disney+ movie. Visit the Vague Visages Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Home Sweet Home Alone stars Ellie Kemper and Rob Delaney as Pam and Jeff McKenzie, respectively. Archie Yates co-headlines as Max Mercer, a boy who is suspected of stealing a pricey doll. When Pam and Jeff infiltrate the Mercer residence, the young protagonist believes that they have arrived to kidnap and steal him — the “ugly boy.” John Debney composed the Disney+ movie, which includes a variety of holiday-themed tunes and some musical productions from well-known vocalists. Here’s every featured song in Home Sweet Home Alone.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Valet’
Home Sweet Home Alone Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Disney+ Movie
- “(There’s No Place Like) Home for the Holidays” by Robert Goulet (00:00:00): The Home Sweet Home Alone soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Various individuals attend an open house at the McKenzie residence. The song fades as Gavin Washington (Kenan Thompson) speaks with Pam and Jeff.
- “Mele Kalikimaka” by Arthur Godfrey and All the Little Godfreys (00:18:00): Jeff hides outside the Mercer’s home. The song plays in the family vehicle on the radio. Jeff sighs and walks away from the Mercer residence.
- “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” by Johnny Marks (00:20:00): Jeff arrives at the Rosemont Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. The Ne’er-Do-Bells perform the Christmas song for a group of senior citizens. Pan and Jeff discuss their finances while upsetting the musical leader.
- “Christmas All Over Again” by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (00:22:00): Max realizes that he’s home alone. The Home Sweet Home Alone soundtrack song scores a montage sequence. Max reads the diary of his sister Katie (Maddie Holliday). He also creates a pile of candy; a reference to a famous scene in the 1983 film Scarface.
- “Somewhere in My Memory” by John Williams (00:26:00): Pam reflects about the past. She remembers “home sweet home.” Pam decides to sell one of her dolls.
- “O Holy Night (Cantique de Noël)” by Adolpe Adam and Placide Cappeau (00:46:00): A choir sings at a holiday church service. Hunter (Tim Simons) and Mei (Ally Maki) watch their niece Abby (Katie Beth Hall) perform. Meanwhile, Jeff and Pam approach the Mercer home.
- “Less Fortunate Christmas Song” by John Debney and Dan Mazer (00:56:00): Mei sings a special song for her relatives. Meanwhile, Max makes a Satan’s Heinie Nuclear Sauce mix. Mei continues to perform the Home Sweet Home Alone soundtrack song while Jeff checks the time.
- “Carol of the Bells” by Robert Prizeman & Libera (01:18:00): Ollie appears at the McKenzie home with the missing doll. Jeff shoves Hunter’s face and chases down “the ugly boy.” Ollie throws the doll; it’s caught by Max.
- “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” by Darlene Love (01:25:00): The track scores the end credits sequence.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Toscana’
The Home Sweet Home Alone soundtrack also includes:
- “Strange Contraptions” from Gee Whiz-z-z-z-z-z-z by The Hollywood Studio Orchestra
- “Benny’s Hill” by Jeff Edwards and R. Neill
- “Jingle Bells” by James Pierpont
- “Bite Marks” by Music Beyond
- “Up on the Housetop” by Andrew Patrick Tye
- “Die Zauberflöte: The Magic Flute – La Flute enchantee ‘Der Hölle Rache’ (The Queen Of The Night Aria)” by Florence Foster Jenkins
- “Deck the Halls” by The Glenn Crytzer Orchestra
- “O Come All Ye Faithful” by Faron Young
- “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” from The Nutcracker Suite by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Action, Comedy, Disney+ Originals, Family, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals