The Halloween Ends soundtrack includes music by Dead Kennedys, Boy Harsher and Blue Oyster Cult. This info article contains spoilers and song details for David Gordon Green’s 2022 movie on Peacock. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Halloween Ends stars Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, the primary franchise protagonist who writes a memoir about her experiences with The Shape aka Michael Myers (James Jude Courtney). Andi Matichak co-stars as Allyson Nelson, Laurie’s granddaughter who moves on from a family tragedy. The storyline follows the main players as they strategize against The Shape and his young accomplice. Composers Cody Carpenter (Firestarter), John Carpenter (Halloween) and Daniel A. Davies (Zoo) scored the 111-minute horror film; music supervisors Devoe Yates (The Last O.G.) and Gabe Hilfer (The Walking Dead) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Halloween Ends, the thirteenth installment of the Halloween movie franchise.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Halloween Kills’
Halloween Ends Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “WURG Radio IDS” by Rick Randall and Mike Mitschele (00:00:00): The Halloween Ends soundtrack song plays during the opening sequence. A promo featuring Willie the Kid (Keraun Harris) begins.
- “Midnight Monsters Hop” by Jack & Jim (00:00:00): A song plays on WURG. The music continues during the opening credits sequence. A graphic establishes the setting as Haddonfield, Illinois.
- “Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565” by Johann Sebastian Bach (00:01:00): Corey greets Mrs. Allen (Candice Rose). Roger (Jack William Marshall) plays a piano. Corey offers gardening advice.
- ‘Oillipheist, Fear Thee” by Joseph Stephens (00:18:00): A homeless man walks under a bridge. He hums the Halloween Ends soundtrack song. The tune is featured again at 00:38:00.
- “License to Confuse” by Sebadoh (00:31:00): A bar sequence begins. The camera pans left past a dart board. Corey talks to Allyson.
- “Halloween” by Dead Kennedys (00:32:00): The bar scene continues. Allyson enjoys an adult beverage. She dances with Corey.
- “Come to Me” by Johnny Goth (00:51:00): Corey and Allyson talk about lighting a figurative match. The Halloween Ends soundtrack song continues during a road scene. Corey and Allyson kiss after a motorcycle ride.
- “Tell Me with Your Eyes (Just Be You)” by Rob Galbraith (01:02:00): Dr. Mathis (Michael O’Leary) arrives at his home with a female guest. He asks Alexa to play the song. Dr. Mathis snaps his fingers and grabs a bottle of wine.
- “Burn It Down” by Boy Harsher (01:06:00): Corey watches The Shape after a murder. He rides his motorcycle during a transition sequence. The Halloween Ends soundtrack song continues as Corey and Allyson hang out at the WURG rooftop.
- “I Was a Teenage Werewolf” by The Cramps (01:22:00): Willie the Kid speaks to a WURG caller. He references Friedrich Nietzsche and plays a song. The Shape kills Willie the Kid.
- “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” by Blue Oyster Cult (01:45:00): The song scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story’
The Halloween Ends soundtrack also includes:
- “Misbehavin'” by Marteen
- “Don’t Let the Devil Get You Down” by Walt Richardson
- “This Time I’m in Love” by Zeus
- “Devil’s Night” by Donny Elbert & The Flames
- “Haunt Me Baby” by Boa Constrictors
- “Honkytonk Crunk” by Them Carolina Boys
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Horror, Soundtracks of Cinema, Thriller
You must be logged in to post a comment.