The Rosaline soundtrack includes music by Anna of the North, Ethan Gruska and Taylor Swift. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Karen Maine’s 2022 Hulu movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Rosaline stars Kaitlyn Dever as Rosaline, a member of William Shakespeare’s Capulet family. Isabela Merced co-stars as Juliet, the famous female protagonist of Romeo and Juliet. The storyline follows the main characters as they compete for the attention of Romeo Montague (Kyle Allen). Composers Drum & Lace (Dickinson) and Ian Hultquist (Dickinson) scored the 96-minute Hulu film; music supervisor Maggie Phillips (The Handmaid’s Tale) picked the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Rosaline, an adaptation of Rebecca Serle’s 2012 novel When You Were Mine.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Tell Me Lies’
Rosaline Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Hulu Movie
- “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” by Natalie Cole (00:03:00): Rosaline says goodbye to Romeo. The Rosaline soundtrack song scores the title sequence. The music drops as Dever’s character wakes up.
- “Dancing on My Own” by Anna of the North (00:16:00): Rosaline exits a boat with Dario (Sean Teale). She arrives at a ball. The music plays again during the credits at 01:32:00.
- “It Must Have Been Love” by Sofia Hultquist (00:17:00): A ball sequence continues. Romeo looks around for Rosaline. The music drops during a boat scene.
- “Escape” by Anna of the North (00:18:00): The Rosaline soundtrack song accompanies a ball scene. Romeo spots a woman who looks like Dever’s character. The Enrique Iglesias cover song continues as Juliet appears.
- “All By Myself” by Eric Carmen and Sergei Rachmaninoff (00:24:00): An instrumental montage begins. A violinist plays for Rosaline. Nurse Janet (Minnie Driver) stops the performance.
- “It’s All Coming Back to Me Now” by Jim Steinman (00:31:00): Rosaline and Juliet arrive at a tavern. Patrons sing the Celine Dion hit. The Rosaline soundtrack song drops as the title character requests drinks.
- “Enough for Now” by Ethan Gruska feat. Phoebe Bridgers (01:26:00): Rosaline and Dario talk about the future. The track scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
- “Paper Rings” by Taylor Swift (01:28:00): The song plays after a mid-credits scene.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Mike’
The Rosaline soundtrack also includes:
- “Medieval Joy” by APM Music
- “Hither and Thither” by Extreme Music
- “Say So” by Vitamin String Quartet
- “The Boy Is Mine” by Brandy Norwood, LaShawn Daniels, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III and Japhe Tejada
- “Royal Garden Party” by David Tobin, Jeff Meegan and Jim Gailloreto
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Comedy, Hulu Originals, Romance, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.