The Candyman 2021 soundtrack includes music by Sammy Davis Jr., Ravyn Lenae and The Adults. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Nia DaCosta’s 2021 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Candyman 2021 stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Anthony McCoy, a Chicago artist who investigates a local legend. Colman Domingo co-stars as William “Billy” Burke, a laundromat owner who hopes to reverse the Candyman curse. The storyline follows Anthony as he physically transforms after a bee sting and learns the truth about his childhood. Composer Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe (Master) scored the 91-minute film; music supervisor Mandy Mamlet (Respect) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Candyman 2021.
Read More at VV — Know the Cast: ‘Candyman’
Candyman 2021 Soundtrack: Every Song in the Franchise Movie
- “The Candyman” by Sammy Davis Jr. (00:00:00): The Candyman 2021 soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Bees buzz as the music distorts. The tune plays again at 01:17:00.
- “Gotta See Change” by L. Young (00:02:00): A scene in 1977 Cabrini Green begins. Music plays from a police vehicle. An officer shows a sketch of Sherman Fields (Michael Hargrove) to Young Billy (Rodney L. Jones).
- “Sticky” by Ravyn Lenae (00:07:00): Brianna (Teyonah Parris ) hosts a get-together. Her brother Troy (Nathan Stewart-Jarrett) visits with his boyfriend, Grady (Kyle Kaminsky). The Candyman 2021 soundtrack song plays as Anthony jokes around and pours wine.
- “Like the Moon” by The Adults (00:14:00): Anthony researches Cabrini Green online. He reads about Helen Lyle (Virginia Madsen). The music drops as Anthony takes a photo of a chapel.
- “Lonely” by Jamila Woods feat. Lorine Chia (00:59:00): Trina enters a bathroom and sits down in a stall. She wears headphones while being teased by classmates. The Candyman 2021 soundtrack song continues as the focal villain kills several young women.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Candy’
The Candyman soundtrack also includes:
- “Music Box” by Philip Glass
- “Shameika” by Fiona Apple
- “Kadia Blues” by Orchestre Paillote
- “Resurrection” by Death
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Horror, Soundtracks of Cinema, Thriller
You must be logged in to post a comment.