The Turning Red soundtrack includes music by DJ Casper, Destiny’s Child and 4*Town. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Domee Shi’s 2022 Pixar-Disney movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Turning Red stars Rosalie Chiang as Meilin Lee, a 13-year-old Toronto girl who dreams about seeing her favorite band perform live. Sandra Oh co-stars as Ming Lee, the protagonist’s mother who informs her about a familial “curse.” The storyline follows the Chinese-Canadian family as Meilin channels her inner panda and sorts through conflicting emotions. Composer Ludwig Göransson (Black Panther) scored the 107-minute animated film, which includes a couple of needle-drop tunes and three original tracks from Billie Eilish and Finneas O’Connell. Here’s every song in Turning Red.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Encanto’
Turning Red Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Pixar Movie
- “Nobody Like U” by 4*Town (00:05:00): Miriam (Ava Morse) jokes around with Meilin in the street. She begins singing the Turning Red soundtrack song as Abby (Hyein Park) beatboxes. The 4*Town track can also be heard at 00:10:00, 00:33:00 and 01:29:00 during the end credits.
- “U Know What’s Up” by 4*Town (00:42:00): Stacy (Lily Sanfelippo) and her friends offer to pay for panda time. The music accompanies a montage sequence in which Meilin raises funds for a 4*Town concert. “U Know What’s Up” plays again at 01:13:00, 01:20:00, 01:34:00 and 01:38:00.
- “Cha Cha Slide” by DJ Casper (00:50:00): The Turning Red soundtrack song scores a party sequence at the home of Tyler (Tristan Allerick Chen). Various adolescents await the arrival of Meilin in panda form. Tyler groans while Miriam suggests a game of Boggle.
- “Bootylicious” by Destiny’s Child (00:54:00): Meilin decides to let her panda out at Tyler’s party. The music plays during a group dance sequence. Meilin entertains her friends and has fun in the process.
- “1 True Love” by 4*Town (00:56:00): Meilin eats cake and hangs out with her friends as a panda. They celebrate accomplishing their financial goal. The Turning Red soundtrack song scores part of the end credits at 01:31:00.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Soundtracks of Cinema
You must be logged in to post a comment.