The Eternals soundtrack includes music by Pink Floyd, Merle Haggard and Foreigner. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Chloé Zhao’s 2021 MCU movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Eternals stars Gemma Chan as Sersi, a member of the titular superhero group who strategizes against their primary enemy, the Deviants. Richard Madden co-stars as Ikaris, an Eternal who plots against his team. The 156-minute film was scored by composer Ramin Djawadi (Game of Thrones), whose music complements the featured needle-drop tracks via music supervisor Dave Jordan (Hawkeye). Here’s every song in Eternals, a Phase Four production in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Honeymoon with My Mother’
Eternals Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 MCU Movie
- “Time” by Pink Floyd (00:06:00): The Eternals soundtrack song scores the opening Marvel Studios sequence. Sersi takes a photo in present day London and arrives late for work. The music fades as she speaks to a Charles Darwin statue.
- “Sugarfoot” by Black Joe Lewis and The Honeybears (00:10:00): Sersi visits a night club with Dane Whitman (Kit Harington). The couple dances while Sprite (Lia McHugh) changes her appearance.
- “Stay in the Groove Pt. 1” by Rickey Calloway and the Dap-Kings (00:11:00): Sersi gives a birthday gift to Dane. The music plays lightly in the background. Dane tries on a ring adorned with his familial crest.
- “Losing You” by Pierre Havet, Jean Gatson Renard and Carl Sigman (00:32:00): Ikaris “discovers” the body of Ajak (Salma Hayek). He recalls a moment from the past. Ajak sings the Brenda Lee tune.
- “Nach Mera Hero” by Celina Sharma (00:43:00): The Eternals soundtrack song plays during a Bollywood production scene. Kingo (Kumail Nanjiani) films a movie in present day Mumbai. Sersi watches with Ikaris and Sprite.
- “Friends” by BTS (00:46:00): Kingo films a documentary scene during a flight. He discusses the 7,000-year battle between the Eternals and Deviants. Sprite inquires about the production.
- “Mama Tried” by Merle Haggard (00:50:00): Kingo and company track down Gilgamesh (Don Lee). The Eternals soundtrack song plays as they knock on his front door. Gilgamesh receives updates about the Deviants.
- “Lend Me Your Comb” by Carl Perkins (00:53:00): The music plays during a dinner at Gilgamesh’s home. Thena (Angelina Jolie) unknowingly drinks a non-alcoholic beverage. Sprite trolls Gilgamesh with a “Gilga-Mess” outfit.
- “Juice” by Lizzo (01:05:00): The Eternals meet with Druig (Barry Keoghan). The song is used as a ringtone for Sersi’s phone. The music drops as she declines a call from Dane.
- “The End of the World” by Skeeter Davis (01:29:00): Ben (Haaz Sleiman) urges Phastos (Brian Tyree Henry) to accept a mission. The music scores the moment. Phastos considers the greater good and his future with Ben and their son, Jack.
- “Feels Like the First Time” by Foreigner (02:27:00): The Eternals soundtrack song accompanies a mid-credits scene. Pip the Troll (Patton Oswalt) introduces Eros (Harry Styles). The music plays during a portion of the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Crush’
The Eternals soundtrack also includes:
- “Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D Major 2nd Mov. Affetuoso” by Johann Sebastian Bach
- “Happy Children” by Harry Bluestone and Emil Cadkin
- “Graceful Nature” by Stuarty Rosleyn
- “Prelude in G Major, BWV 902, No. 1A” by Dory Bavarsky
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.