The Titane soundtrack includes music by The Kills, The Zombies and Future Islands. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Julia Ducournau’s 2021 movie. Visit the Vague Visages Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Titane stars Agathe Rousselle as a serial killer named Alexia. She leaves her old life behind and assumes the identity of a missing boy. Alexia/Adrien misleads a psychologically damaged man (Vincent Lindon as Vincent), all the while trying to hide the fact that she’s not a actually a male, but rather a very pregnant woman with a titanium plate in her head. The film includes original music by composer Jim Williams (Possessor) and a selection of rock music productions, courtesy of music supervisor Guillaume Baurez (Raw). Here’s a breakdown of every featured song in Titane.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Hustle’
Titane Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “Wayfaring Stranger” by 16 Horsepower (00:00:00): The Titane soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. A pan shot explores the inner workings of a vehicle. The song fades as a humming sound takes over, and then picks up again as Young Alexia sits in the backseat of her father’s vehicle.
- “Doing It to Death” by The Kills (00:05:00): Alexia enters a night club in the present timeline. A pan shot captures various dancing women alongside cars. Alexia applies lipstick and performs on top of a Cadillac.
- “Nessuno Mi Può Guidicare” by Caterina Caselli (00:26:00): Alexia attacks a man named Romain, shortly after stabbing Justine (Garance Marillier). The music briefly drowns out when Rousselle’s character shoves a chair leg into the man’s mouth. “Nessuno Mi Può Guidicare” picks up again and then suddenly drops. It’s a moment that’s reminiscent of 90s Quentin Tarantino films.
- “She’s Not There” by The Zombies (00:53:00): The Titane soundtrack song plays as Alexia/Adrien attempts to leave Vincent’s home. In a slight twist, the characters end up dancing together. Vincent accepts Alexia/Adrien while playing rough like an old school father.
- “Macarena” by Los del Río (01:06:00): Vincent sings the song during an intubation procedure. Adrien nods along while providing assistance. Vincent keeps singing while managing the situation.
- “Light House” by Future Islands (01:08:00): The Titane soundtrack song plays during a neon-lit club sequence. Jeantet (Mara Cisse) enjoys himself while dancing.
- “Wayfaring Stranger” by Lisa Abbott (01:30:00): Alexia/Adrien stands above a firefighter crowd. The character dances and enjoys the moment.
- “St. Matthew Passion BWV / Part One No. 1 Chorus I/II: “Kommt, Ihr Tochter, Helft Mir Klagen” by Johann Sebastian Bach (01:36:00): Alexia/Adrien experiences an intimate and awkward encounter with Vincent. The music intensifies during a birth sequence and closes out the film as Vincent embraces a new responsibility.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Surviving Summer’
The Titane soundtrack also includes:
- “Apocalypse” by LSD Melodie
- “God ‘N Drug” by LSD Melodie
- “Crap on My Mind” by Romanger.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.