Netflix’s There’s Someone Inside Your House soundtrack includes music by Sharon Van Etten, Tierra Whack and Angel Olsen. This info article contains spoilers for Patrick Brice’s 2021 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Set in rural Nebraska, There’s Someone Inside Your House centers on a transfer student at Osborne High School. Makani Young (Sydney Park) hides a secret about her past while hooking up with a social outcast named Ollie Larsson (Théodore Pellerin). When a masked killer targets several local teenagers, the female protagonist realizes that she may be figuratively sleeping with the enemy. The Netflix movie features an original score by Zach Dawes, and music supervisor Maggie Phillips (The Handmaid’s Tale) utilizes two Sharon Van Etten tunes for a couple key moments. Here’s a full breakdown of Netflix’s There’s Someone Inside Your House soundtrack.
There’s Someone Inside Your House Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “If It Don’t Twang” by Paul Pace (00:00:00): Jackson Pace (Markian Tarasiuk) arrives at home in a truck. The soundtrack song briefly plays as the movie begins.
- “Bite Me” by Kilo Kish (00:14:00): Zach (Dale Whibley) organizes a smoke party. Makani reflects about transferring to Osborne High. The track ends as the students celebrate “the opposite of the end.”
- “Wasteland” by Tierra Whack (00:17:00): Makani speaks with her grandmother, Gam (BJ Harrison). The soundtrack music scores a bedroom sequence, with the lyric “I’ve got bigger fish to fry” informing audiences about Makani’s perspective.
- “Jupiter 4” by Sharon Van Etten (00:34:00): Makani leaves the police station with Ollie. The song plays as the characters get intimate in a driveway car scene. Makani states that Ollie is the only person who lets her “disappear.”
- “Secret” by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (00:38:00): Makani and Ollie arrive at Zach’s house party. Dave the Uber Driver (Ryan Beil) promotes his business. The lyric “Secret” can be heard as the characters enter the home, the setting of a “secret party.”
- “Go Up” by Gizzle (00:43:00): Zach and his party guests burn down “Highway 420.” The lyric “Gimme some, some of that” captures the overall vibe. The music fades as Rodrigo (Diego Josef) and Alex (Asjha Cooper) share a private moment.
- “All Mirrors (Johnny Jewel Remix)” by Angel Olsen (00:54:00): Ollie takes Makani to “the ocean.” The track plays lightly during a road trip scene. “All Mirrors” fades when Ollie and Makani arrive at Sandford Family Farms.
- “Adriatic Flow” by ThreeStyle feat. Magdalena Chovancova (01:01:00): Makani catches a ride home via Dave the Uber driver. She reflects about being identified by Ollie as Makani Sun-woo.
- “Dry” by Sharon Van Etten and Zachary Dawes (01:26:00): There’s Someone Inside Your House ends with a look of uncertainty on Makani’s face. The soundtrack music scores the end credits and includes an opening lyric about “a cloud of uncertainty.”
Netflix’s There’s Someone Inside Your House soundtrack also includes: “High School March” by Cougar High Marching Band, “I’ve Got Love” by Empress Of, “Live Forever” by Stafford Brothers feat. Lexy Panterra & Lil Yachty, “Say You Don’t Know” by The Blue Mountain Balladeers and “Hot Corn Cold Corn (Live)” by Flatt & Scruggs.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.