The Stronghold soundtrack features music by Action Bronson, The Animals and Giorgio Moroder. This info article contains spoilers for Cédric Jimenez’s 2020 movie (now streaming on Netflix). Visit the Soundtracks of Cinema section for more Vague Visages music guides.
In The Stronghold, Gilles Lellouche stars as the leader of a French task force. Greg Cerva operates in an extremely dangerous sector of Marseille, France, and pays off an informant with confiscated marijuana. The BAC Nord squad celebrates a big victory, only to discover that an internal political dispute could lead to jail time. Music supervisor Varda Kakon (JCVD, The Eddy) complements the drama with a select group of hard-hitting tracks. Here’s every featured song in The Stronghold, otherwise known as BAC Nord.
The Stronghold Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2020 Movie
- “Baby Blue” by Action Bronson feat. Chance the Rapper (00:05:00): Greg cruises through a garbage dump in the street. Antoine holds on to a detainee in the back seat. The Stronghold soundtrack song plays over the title card.
- “The World (Is Going Up in Flames)” by Charles Bradley and the Menahan Street Band (00:23:00): Nora’s water breaks. The crew leaves for the hospital. In a hard cut, the focal police members consume shots of alcohol at a bar to celebrate Yass’ big day.
- “Les Princes des Villes” by Michel Berger (00:32:00): Jérôme allows Greg and company to confiscate marijuana for their sting. The Stronghold soundtrack song plays as the group pulls over a motorcyclist after a drug deal.
- “La Bandite” by Jul (00:34:00): Antoine and Greg argue with a young detainee. The boy requests that the song volume be turned up in the vehicle. Antoine watches as the kid raps to the music.
- “Down Man” by Brainbox (00:43:00): Greg gets into a scuffle. He’s sent to the downtown area after being outed as a cop in the north. The Stronghold soundtrack song plays over a drug bust montage.
- “Jalousie” by Alonzo (01:00:00): Greg’s team enters a drug production complex. Various targets prepare for their escape. Moments later, Greg tosses a smoke bomb in the room.
- “The House of the Rising Sun” by The Animals (01:36:00): Greg is released from prison. He leans back on a bench and enjoys the moment. The Stronghold soundtrack song kicks in and plays over a movie-ending montage featuring the other main characters.
- “Tears” by Giorgio Moroder (01:30:00): After the epilogue character update, the song plays over the end credits.
The Stronghold soundtrack also includes “Arabian Booty Shake” by Bustafunk and Malia Saadi, “Concerto for Violin ‘Estro Armonico’ No. 9 Op.3 in C Major RV 230” by Antonio Vivaldi, “I’m in the Zone” by DJ Standout, Evan Ford and Matthew Marin, and also “Bagarre” by Alonzo.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.