The Old Dads soundtrack includes music by N.W.A., Beastie Boys and The Kinks. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Bill Burr’s 2023 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Old Dads stars Bill Burr as Jack, a 51-year-old father with anger management issues. Bobby Cannavale co-stars as Connor, the protagonist’s friend and colleague who fears his wife. The storyline follows the main players as they work through personal issues with their friend Mike (Bokeem Woodbine). Composer Christopher Willis (Veep) scored the 104-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Matt Aberle (The Gentlemen) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Old Dads.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Fair Play’
Old Dads Soundtrack: Every Song in the Netflix 2023 Movie
- “You’ve Got Another Thing Coming” by Judas Priest (00:05:00): Jack trips his son. The Old Dads soundtrack song scores the title sequence. An exterior montage begins.
- “Turn the Lights Up” by APM Music (00:28:00): An interior scene begins. Jack works out at Flex Gym in Woodland Hills, California. Connor offers advice.
- “Straight Outta Compton” by N.W.A. (00:40:00): The track plays during a road sequence. Mike talks to Travis (Justin Miles) about N.W.A. lyrics. Music plays from his speaker system.
- “All Gold Everything” by Trinidad James (00:46:00): Aspen (Miles Robbins) fires Travis. The Old Dads soundtrack song scores a video sequence. Travis uses the n-word while rapping in his kitchen.
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Paul Anka (01:10:00): A road trip sequence begins. The music accompanies a night montage. Connor snorts cocaine.
- “Lady Love” by Lou Rawls (01:11:00): Jack and company arrive at Fantasy Springs Casino. The music plays as the characters discuss “monetary justice.” Jack looks for Mike at the Native American casino.
- “Root Down” by Beastie Boys (01:13:00): A casino sequence continues. Jack and Mike spot Aspen. The Old Dads soundtrack song scores a slo-mo sequence.
- “Splish Splash” by Sha Na Na (01:24:00): The music plays during a travel sequence. Richie (Bruce Dern) drives the protagonists to a downtown Los Angeles hospital. Richie sings along to the music and curses.
- “Apeman” by The Kinks (01:35:00): Jack finishes a conversation with a bicyclist. Leah (Katie Aselton) drinks a glass of wine. The track scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Bodies’
The Old Dads soundtrack also includes:
- “PSM Bourbon on Ice” by Pink Shark Music Library
- “Sunday Driving” by APM Music
- “Take a Chance” by APM Music
- “My My My Little Baby” by The Conquest
- “Name in Lights” by APM Music feat. Kev Hannibal
- “Renewed Strength” by Universal Production Music
- “The Lucky Ones” by APM Music
- “The Blue Star” by Jeff Lingle
- “For Ursula” by APM Music
- “For Britney” by APM Music
- “High Rollers” by APM Music
- “Days Gone By” by Universal Production Music
- “New Ting” by Stella Mwangi
- “Midnight Tribe” by APM Music
- “Stack Commas” by APM Music Music
- “Like a Pro” by APM Music
- “Trap Club” by Kid Krono
- “We’s Hot” by 5 Alarm Music
- “Love Is Gone” by Kid Krono and Angelo Diaz
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.