The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack includes music by Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa and Olivia Rodrigo. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Sammi Cohen’s 2023 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah stars Idina Menzel as Bree Friedman, the mother of a 15-year-old Jewish girl. Jackie Sandler co-stars as Gabi Rodriguez Katz, the mother of a different Jewish teenager. The storyline follows two students as they clash before their respective bat mitzvah parties. Composers Este Haim (Haim) and Amanda Yamate (Do Revenge) scored the 103-minute Netflix film, which features a total of 39 credited tracks. Here’s every song in You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Heart of Stone’
You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Netflix Movie
- “10 Things I Hate About You” by Leah Kate (00:00:00): The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Stacy (Sunny Sandler) narrates about cultural coming-of-age rituals. The title sequence begins.
- “I Love It” by Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX (00:01:00): Stacy narrates about her bat mitzvah party. She dances during a dream sequence. Stacy talks about her story.
- “Under Your Spell” by Desire (00:02:00): A dream sequence continues. Stacy thinks about Andy (Dylan Hoffman). The track plays again at 00:10:00.
- “Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo” by Rick Derringer (00:06:00): The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song accompanies a travel sequence. Danny (Adam Sandler) says, “Nice!” Bree nods in agreement.
- “Stupid Love” by Lady Gaga (00:07:00): A car scene continues. Danny plays a song en route to a temple. Music plays from the speaker system.
- “Preach” by Saint Motel (00:08:00): Stacy hangs out with Lydia (Samantha Lorraine). They navigate a party. DJ Schmuley (Ido Mosseri) hypes up the crowd.
- “Don’t Start Now” by Dua Lipa (00:11:00): A party sequence continues. The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song plays as Stacy stares at Andy. DJ Schmuley talks to the audience.
- “Wait a Minute!” by WILLOW (00:16:00): An exterior montage begins. Students play with a soccer ball. The track drops as Stacy talks to friends.
- “Tongue Tied” by Grouplove (00:18:00): Ronnie (Sadie Sandle) parks a vehicle. Stacy talks about Mateo (Dean Scott Vazquez). Ronnie rocks out with Zaara (Zaara Kuttemperoor).
- “Monte Carlo” by Remi Wolf (00:22:00): Rabbi Rebecca (Sarah Sherman) jokes around with Aaron (Judd Goodstein). The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Gabi drives a vehicle.
- “Valley of the Dolls” by Santigold (00:24:00): A mansion scene begins. Lydia offers advice to Stacy. She talks about her romantic options during a transition scene.
- “Obxessed” by Fire Choir (00:26:00): Stacy hangs out with Lydia. The track continues during a transition scene. Stacy walks outdoors with Lydia.
- “Nikes On” by Healy (00:27:00): An exterior scene continues. The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song plays as Stacy and Lydia stare at Andy. Mateo looks for attention.
- “Outside” by 3vm (00:33:00): Stacy sits in her bedroom. She looks at her phone. The track plays briefly.
- “Past Life” by Arkells feat. Cold War Kids (00:34:00): Stacy arrives at a party. She looks at a bicycle. The track continues during a slo-mo scene.
- “traitor” by Olivia Rodrigo (00:36:00): Lydia tears up. The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song continues as Stacy looks at her phone. Ronnie talks to Zaara.
- “Riot Rhythm” by Sleigh Bells (00:38:00): A school sequence continues. Stacy wears a yellow t-shirt. She stares and Lydia and Andy.
- “God Is Random” by Sarah Sherman (00:39:00): Rabbi Rebecca talks to students. She listens to several questions. Rabbi Rebecca performs an improvised tune.
- “abcdefu” by GAYLE (00:44:00): The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song accompanies a bedroom scene. Stacy looks at her laptop. She organizes embarrassing clips of Lydia.
- “Hold Me Down” by The Happy Fits (00:47:00): A party scene begins. Lydia poses for a video recording with friends. DJ Schmuley hypes up the crowd.
- “Say So” by Doja Cat (00:54:00): The track scores a bedroom scene. Stacy poses for pictures. She talks to Nikki (Millie Thorpe) and Tara (Dylan Chloe Dash).
- “Cloud 9” by Beach Bunny (00:59:00): The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song plays during a mall sequence. Stacy looks at a pink dress. Lydia talks to Gabi.
- “Now I’m In It” by HAIM (01:09:00): Stacy speaks to God. The music plays during a pool scene. Stacy talks to Megan (Ivory Baker) about “twinning.”
- “Kiss the Sky” by Karen Harding (01:13:00): DJ Schmuley kicks a vehicle and yells in Hebrew. The music continues during a transition scene. Lydia welcomes guests to her bat mitzvah party.
- “A Little Bit of Love” by Weezer (01:15:00): Lydia’s bat mitzvah party begins. The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song accompanies a slideshow. Stacy tries to stop the video.
- “Hang the Moon” by Sadie Sandler (01:18:00): Lydia confronts Stacy. The music continues during a transition scene. Stacy cries in her bedroom.
- “Réputation” by Radiant Baby (01:26:00): Stacy finishes a bat mitzvah performance. The track kicks in as guests cheer. Stacy runs down a sidewalk.
- “Post Humorous” by Gus Dapperton (01:28:00): A bedroom scene begins. Stacy talks to her mother. The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song plays from a speaker system.
- “Party of a Lifetime” by Pitbull x Play-N-Skillz (01:31:00): A party scene continues. DJ Schmuley hypes up the crowd. Stacy dances next to Lydia.
- “Easy” by The Commodores (01:32:00): A bat mitzvah scene continues. DJ Schmuley plays a “love jam.” Stacy dances with Lydia.
- “Cha Cha Slide (Original Live Platinum Band Mix)” by DJ Casper (01:34:00): The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack song plays during a party scene. DJ Schmuley talks to the crowd. He plays a new song.
- “Over You” by Holdychild (01:35:00): The track scores the end credits. Stacy narrates a scene. She sells bread with friends.
- “Breakfast for Dinner” by Winnetka Bowling League (01:36:00): The song plays during the end credits after “Over You.”
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘River Wild’
The You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah soundtrack also includes:
- “Let’s Go” by Tiësto feat. Icona Pop
- “Chop It” by Dan Bulla
- “Get Crazy” by Perry Sachs
- “Wolves” by Selena Gomez, Marshmello
- “hot girl bummer” by blackbea
- “Battery Strategy” from And We Go Green by Dan Deacon
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.