The Vacation Friends 2 soundtrack includes music by Pell, The Hippy Boys and The Hives. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Clay Tarver’s 2023 Hulu movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Vacation Friends 2 stars Lil Rel Howery as Marcus, a business owner who travels with his wife. Yvonne Orji co-stars as Emily, the protagonist’s partner who reunites with zany pals during a trip. The storyline follows Marcus as tries to protect an important business opportunity. Composer Mark Mothersbaugh (The Mitchells vs the Machines) scored the 105-minute Hulu film, which features a total of 14 credited tracks. Here’s every song in Vacation Friends 2, a sequel to the 2021 movie Vacation Friends.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘White Men Can’t Jump’
Vacation Friends 2 Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Hulu Movie
- “Hot in Herre” by Charles L. Brown, Cornell Haynes and Pharrell Williams (00:00:00): The Vacation Friends 2 soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Musicians perform a Nelly cover in Spanish at the Miami airport. Marcus and Emily talk about their trip.
- “Get up Edina” by Desmond Dekker & The Four Aces (00:01:00): An airport scene continues. Kyla (Meredith Hagner) and Ron (John Cena) prank Marcus and Emily. The music plays again at 01:22:00.
- “Queso” by Pell (00:04:00): Kyla pranks Maurillio (Carlos Santos). The Vacation Friends 2 soundtrack song continues as she explains her behavior to TSA agents. Marcus travels with Emily during the title sequence.
- “Ska Jam” by Tommy McCook & The Supersonics (00:06:00): Emily suggests that Marcus should take a Valium pill. The Vacation Friends 2 soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Marcus and company arrive at a resort.
- “Flaming Congo” by Camilo Lara (00:08:00): Marcus agrees to drink a shot of alcohol. A bar sequence begins. The main characters consume shots.
- “The Hippys Are Here” by The Hippy Boys (00:21:00): Reese (Steve Buscemi) hangs out with Kyla and company. Yeon (Ronny Chieng) watches from afar. The track is featured again at 01:32:00 and 01:39:00 during the end credits.
- “Better Must Come” by Delroy Wilson (00:26:00): Yeon complains about a colleague. The Vacation Friends 2 soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Reese enjoys a meal.
- “Theme from Hong Kong” by Lee “Scratch” Perry (00:30:00): Kyla talks about an “assed-up” chair. A transition scene begins. Ron talks to Marcus and Reese about respecting the ocean.
- “Walk Idiot Walk” by The Hives (00:35:00): A beach scene continues. Marcus prepares to surf. He gets owned by a wave.
- “Tora Joe” by Minyo Crusaders & Frente Cumbiero (00:59:00): Marcus agrees to a snorkeling trip. The Vacation Friends 2 soundtrack song plays as Ron celebrates with Kyla. The track is featured again at 01:35:00.
- “Las Marcas Del Amor” by Mexican Institute of Sound & Adan Jodorowsky (01:36:00): Maurillo remembers his babysitting gig. A transition sequence begins. FBI agents capture Reese.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Boston Strangler’
The Vacation Friends 2 soundtrack also includes:
- “Set ‘Em Up Joe” by Extreme Music
- “Por Favor” by Extreme Music
- “Unreal Is Here” by Chavez
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.