The Nope soundtrack includes music by Dionne Warwick, Corey Hart and Exuma. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Jordan Peele’s 2022 movie on Peacock. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Nope stars Daniel Kaluuya as OJ Haywood, a timid California horse trainer. Keke Palmer co-stars as Emerald Haywood, the protagonist’s sister who helps run their late father’s ranch. The storyline follows the siblings as they try to document an extraterrestrial animal in the sky. Composer Michael Abels (Get Out) scored the 130-minute film, which includes a total of 11 featured tracks. Here’s every song in Nope.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Luckiest Girl Alive’
Nope Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “La Vie C’est Chouette” from Moi, Fleur Blueue by Jodie Foster (00:08:00): The Nope soundtrack song scores a set sequence. Buster (Eddie Jemison) chats with OJ about a safety meeting. Music plays from a stereo system.
- “Walk on By” by Dionne Warwick (00:23:00): Emerald talks to OJ about “hobby weed.” The song plays as the characters walk to their home. Emerald toasts to her father, Otis Haywood Sr. (Keith David).
- “This Is the Lost Generation” by The Lost Generation (00:26:00): OJ hears music playing from his home. He calls out to Emerald. The music drops and picks up at 00:28:00 as Palmer’s character reacts to a power outage.
- “Fisherman” by The Congos (00:40:00): The Nope soundtrack song accompanies an interior scene. OJ organizes a bag of purchases. The track drops as Emerald watches Oprah Winfrey on television.
- “Sunglasses at Night” by Corey Hart (01:15:00): Angel Torres (Brandon Perea) starts his vehicle. Music plays from the stereo system. The song plays again at 01:25:00.
- “The Purple People Eater” by Michael Abels & Michael Wincott (01:34:00): Angel talks about the importance of his investigative work. Antlers Holst (Michael Wincott) performs a spoken word version of the Nope soundtrack song. OJ puts on an orange hoodie.
- “Exuma, the Obeah Man” by Exuma (01:36:00): The “Jean Jacket” segment begins. Emerald plays a record. OJ and company lure an extraterrestrial animal.
- “Urban Legends” by Michael Abels (01:46:00): OJ rides his horse named Lucky. Emerald and Angel watch Jean Jacket. The extraterrestrial animal roars as OJ leaps from Lucky.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘I Used to Be Famous’
The Nope soundtrack also includes:
- “(You’re a) Strange Animal” by Gowan
- “Call of the Wild” by Viagra Boys
- “Alien Party” by Starbuddies
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.