The Emily the Criminal soundtrack includes music by SoulChef, Alvin Garrett and Otieno Terry. This info article contains spoilers and song details for John Patton Ford’s 2022 movie on Netflix. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Emily the Criminal stars Aubrey Plaza as Emily Benetto, a California-based artist who gets caught up in a fraud scheme. Theo Rossi co-stars as Youcef, the leader of a fake credit card ring. The storyline follows Emily as she builds a romance with her business partner. Composer Nathan Halpern (Watcher) scored the 97-minute film, which features 11 credited tracks. Here’s every song in Emily the Criminal.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Lou’
Emily the Criminal Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “Let Me Do Me” by SoulChef feat. Awon (00:10:00): The Emily the Criminal soundtrack song scores a bar sequence. Plaza’s character hangs out with friends. Emily and Liz (Megalyn Echikunwoke) laugh during an exterior scene.
- “Maybe One Day” by The Creatures (00:15:00): Emily shops at a supermarket. She grabs a black hat. The music drops as Emily pulls a TV set.
- “String Sextet in A Major, OP. 48, B. 80: IV. Finale. Theme and Variations” by Anna Kreeta, Gribajcevic, Jens Peter Maintz, Fine Arts Quartet (00:18:00): The track plays during an interior scene. Emily works at her desk. She looks at a portrait.
- “Dooyo” by Dur Dur Band (00:42:00): Emily creates fake credit cards. She works at her regular job during a transition sequence. The Emily the Criminal soundtrack song continues during a montage.
- “Zip the Funk” by Warner Chappell Production Music (00:53:00): Emily attends a house party. She speaks with a bearded gentleman. The music plays in the background as the protagonist talks about credit card fraud.
- “Be Myself” by Alvin Garrett (00:53:00): Emily works in a kitchen. Music plays nearby. Emily learns that a man is looking for her.
- “Honesty” by Otieno Terry (00:55:00): The track scores a party sequence. Emily chats with Liz. The characters discuss a job opportunity.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Blonde’
The Emily the Criminal soundtrack also includes:
- “Just a Cloud” by Lusine
- “Love Everlasting” by Universal Production Music
- “Dame” by APM Music
- “The Hideout” by YZ
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.