The Godspeed soundtrack includes music by Ibrahim Erkal, Tuana Mey and Sumer Ezgu. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Mehmet Ada Öztekin’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Godspeed stars Engin Akyürek as Salih, a traumatized Army captain who escapes from a hospital. Tolga Saritas co-stars as Kerim, the protagonist’s friend who hopes to marry his girlfriend after completing military service. The storyline explores Salih’s mindset as he plots to disrupt a wedding. Composer Toygar Isikli (Çukur) scored the 119-minute film, which includes a variety of Turkish tunes. Here’s every song in Godspeed aka Yolun Açik Olsun.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Toscana’
Godspeed Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “Muğla Zeybeği” by Anonymous (00:07:00): The Godspeed soundtrack song scores a ritual sequence. A man plays a sitar as people sing in Turkish. A woman covered in red is held by another woman.
- “Burnumda Tütüyorsun” by Ibrahim Erkal (00:47:00): Salih visits a restaurant. He watches a news report about four martyred soldiers. Salih looks around the room and stares at Kerim.
- “I See You” by Tuana Mey (00:49:00): Salih thinks about a past experience with Duygu (Belfu Benian). The Godspeed soundtrack song plays during a flashback sequence. Duygu slaps Salih and gets his attention.
- “Kostak Ali Zeybeği” by Anonymous (00:54:00): Music plays at a bus station. Kerim prepares to begin his military service. He receives a lighter from Elif.
- “Kerimoğlu Zeybeği” by Sumer Ezgu (01:21:00): A radio DJ announces the next song. Kerim tells his military colleagues about a dance that he’ll perform at his wedding. The Godspeed soundtrack song continues as Salih watches and smiles.
- “Keklik Gibi Kanadimi Süzmedim” by Tolga Saritas (01:53:00): The music scores the epilogue and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Valet’
Godspeed released May 23, 2022 on Netflix.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.