The Cleaner soundtrack includes music by Rufus, Chaka Khan and Cory Chisel & The Wandering Sons. This info article contains spoilers for Renny Harlin’s 2007 movie on Netflix. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Cleaner stars Samuel L. Jackson as Tom Cutler, a former police officer who runs a crime scene cleaning service. Eva Mendes co-stars as Ann Norcut, a widow who protects a secret about her personal life. The storyline follows Tom as he becomes immersed in a scandal involving a dirty police commissioner. Composers Cory Chisel (Minnesota Beatles Project: Fixing a Hole) and Richard Gibbs (Battlestar Galactica) scored the 88-minute film; music supervisor Ashley Waldron (Boss Level) handled the mainstream tunes. Here’s every featured song in Cleaner.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Anatomy of a Scandal’
Cleaner Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2007 Movie
- “Tell Me Something Good” by Rufus and Chaka Khan (00:01:00): The Cleaner soundtrack song scores an opening autopsy scene. Tom narrates about the “big business” aspect of death. He explains the specifics of his cleaning process.
- “Sin Miedo Por La Calle” by Millenio Flow (00:39:00): Tom arrives at a warehouse with Jim Vargas (Luis Guzmán). He asks Miguel (Jose Pablo Cantillo) to fetch red bags from a van. The music plays on a speaker system.
- “Getting By” by Cory Chisel & The Wandering Sons (00:44:00): Tom enters the bedroom of his daughter, Rose (Keke Palmer). He asks if she wants to watch To Kill a Mockingbird on television. The Cleaner soundtrack song also plays during the end credits at 01:24:00.
- “Beseme” by Mistico feat. Edwin Perez (00:54:00): Tom brings Ann Norcut (Eva Mendes) to Miguel’s home. They meet Gabriella (Sara Jane Henriques) as the music plays within the residence. Tom tells Miguel that Ann needed a safe spot.
- “Knockin'” by The Elevations (01:06:00): Arlo Grange (Robert Forster) sings at work. Tom arrives with Ann. The Cleaner soundtrack song cuts as Arlo turns off the radio.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Outer Range’
The Cleaner soundtrack also includes:
- “Thank God I Got the Blues” by Big James
- “Jim Brown” by Brian Berdan
- “Blue Dreams” by Freeplay Music
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.