The Free Guy soundtrack includes music by Mariah Carey, Logic and Mama Cass. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Shawn Levy’s 2021 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Free Guy stars Ryan Reynolds as Guy, a non-player character in a video game who dreams of his ideal partner. Jodie Comer co-stars as Millie, a gamer who colludes against her former employer under the alias “Molotovgirl.” Composer Christophe Beck (Frozen) scored the 115-minute film; music supervisor Peyman Sadeghi assembled the featured needle-drop tunes. Here’s every song in Free Guy.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Bubble’
Free Guy Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “Legendz” by AG feat. Devvon Terrell (00:00:00): The Free Guy soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Guy narrates about Free City. He explains that people who wear sunglasses are heroes.
- “Fantasy” by Mariah Carey (00:02:00): Guy introduces himself to the audience. He speaks to his goldfish and narrates about living in Free City. The music fades as Guy discusses his morning coffee routine. Millie/Molotovgirl sings the song at 00:06:00; the track scores the end credits at 01:46:00.
- “100 Miles and Running” by Logic feat. Wale & John Lindahl (00:13:00): Guy puts on superhero glasses. He celebrates as the Free Guy soundtrack song plays. Guy learns how to accumulate credits; the song plays again at 00:38:00.
- “Humpty Dance” by Digital Underground (00:15:00): Guy purchases new shoes. He crosses a street in Free City. The music cuts when Guy nearly gets hit by a train.
- “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus (00:19:00): Guy flees from Keys (Joe Keery) and Mouser (Utkarsh Ambudkar). The song plays as he leaps to an actual wrecking ball.
- “Cheek to Check” by Fred Astaire (00:26:00): Guy enters a secret room with Millie/Molotovgirl. He admires her stash of weapons. The Free Guy soundtrack song plays lightly in the background.
- “Make Your Own Kind of Music” by Mama Cass (00:37:00): Guy watches Millie/Molotovgirl battle against two baddies. He grins and takes in the moment. The music cuts when Guy gets kicked; the track picks up at 00:39:00.
- “Ain’t No Stopping Us Now” by McFadden & Whitehead (01:21:00): Various NPCs assemble at a coffee house. The barista (Britne Oldford) prepares drinks. The patrons cheer on Guy as he drives by.
- “Star Wars Main Title” by John Williams and the London Philharmonic Orchestra (01:31:00): Guy battles against Dude (Aaron Reed). He pulls out a lightsaber as the Free Guy soundtrack song plays. Guy and Dude continue to fight.
- “Theme from The Greatest America Hero (Believe It or Not)” by Joey Scarbury (01:32:00): Guy puts glasses on Dude. He urges him to pursue the “shiny things” and “little snacks.” Buddy (Lil Rel Howery) pledges his allegiance despite not understanding the situation.
- “Fantasy” by Jodie Comer (01:35:00): Buddy overcomes his fear. A recorded version of the song by Comer’s Millie/Molotovgirl plays as Guy reacts. The Free Guy soundtrack song continues during a Free City destruction montage.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Death on the Nile’
The Free Guy soundtrack also includes:
- “Paperman” by Christophe Beck
- “The Price Is Free” by DDP
- “Can’t Take Me Eyes Off You” by Frankie Valli
- “The Avengers Theme” by Alan Silvestri
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.