The Army of the Dead soundtrack includes music by N. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Zack Snyder’s 2021 Netflix movie. Visit the Vague Visages Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Army of the Dead stars Dave Bautista as Scott Ward, a former U.S. soldier who leads a casino heist during a zombie apocalypse. Matthias Schweighöfer co-stars as safecracker Ludwig Dieter, the protagonist of the prequel film, Army of Thieves. Composer Thomas Holkenborg (Junkie XL) scored the Netflix film, and the official soundtrack includes a variety of Sin City-themed music. Here’s every featured song in Army of the Dead.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Hustle’
Army of the Dead Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Netflix Movie
- “Suspicious Minds” by Elvis Presley (00:00:00): A newlywed couple celebrates outside Las Vegas. Meanwhile, two U.S. Army soldiers transport unidentified cargo. The Army of the Dead soundtrack song cuts as the two vehicles collide. “Suspicious Minds” also scores the end credits at 02:19:00.
- “Viva Las Vegas” by Richard Cheese and Allison Crowe (00:08:00): A zombie descends upon Las Vegas. A montage sequence highlights the outbreak in Sin City. The eventual Zombie King sets his eyes on The Olympus, and the backstories of several main character are briefly chronicled.
- “Si Señor” by Control Machete (00:28:00): Mikey Guzman (Raúl Castillo) rolls dice with his friends outside a restaurant. Scott and Maria Cruz (Ana de la Reguera) watch his zombie-killing YouTube videos before introducing themselves. The music fades as the duo arrives at Gwendoline’s Safe & Lock Co. to recruit Ludwig Dieter, whose backstory is chronicled in Army of Thieves.
- “Bad Moon Rising” by Thea Gilmore (00:31:00): The Army of the Dead soundtrack song plays during an extended preparation sequence. Scott checks one of his firearms, Vanderhoe (Omari Hardwick) unearths various items from the desert and Maria checks out her “Las Vengeance” locker full of weapons.
- “The End” by The Raveonettes (00:41:00): Scott’s team travels to the Las Vegas McCarran Quarantine Center. Kate Ward (Ella Purnell) addresses the “criminals” and introduces them to Lilly (Nora Arnezeder) as The Doors cover fades.
- “Night Life” by Elvis Presley (01:19:00): The lights turn on at Bly’s casino. Dieter gets attacked and screams. He celebrates after killing a zombie bride.
- “Götterdämmerung, WWV 86D: Act III, Scene 2: Siegfried’s Trauermarsch (Siegfried’s Funeral March)” by Hong Kong Philmarmonic Orchestra, Conducted by Jaap van Zweden (01:38:00): Dieter cracks the Götterdämmerung safe. The Army of the Dead soundtrack song plays as Vanderhoe opens the vault.
- “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” by Culture Club (01:56:00): Scott escapes to an elevator after Mikey sacrifices himself to kill a pack of zombies. In a transition shot, Zeus (Richard Cetrone) leaves an elevator as the music cuts.
- “Zombie (Acoustic)” by The Cranberries (02:15:00): Kate cries after killing her zombie father. The Army of the Dead tune scores an epilogue sequence in which Vanderhoe escapes to Utah.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Senior Year’
Army of the Dead released in May 2021 on Netflix.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Action, Crime, History, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals