The Trip soundtrack features music by Skambankt, Dumdum Boys and Inger Lise Rypdal. This info article contains spoilers for Tommy Wirkola’s 2021 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Set in Scandinavia, The Trip stars Noomi Rapace and Aksel Hennie as Lisa and Lars, respectively. The married couple spends a weekend away together, and both characters admit that they want to kill each other. Their plans change when three prison escapees emerge and threaten violence. Music supervisor Johan Husvik incorporates a select group of tracks to complement the narrative conflict in the black comedy film. Here’s every featured song in The Trip, otherwise known as I onde dager.
The Trip Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Netflix Movie
- “O Dessvere” by Skambankt (00:00:00): The Trip soundtrack song plays during the title sequence. Lisa and Lars travel to a country home in their vehicle. “O Dessvere” cuts when the dialogue picks up again and the couple decides to relax for the weekend.
- “Fru Johnsen (Harper Valley P.T.A.)” by Inger Lise Rypdal (00:11:00): Lisa and Lars arrive at their country home. The couple gets organized while exploring each room. The music drops after visuals of guns and knives.
- “Mokkamann” by Dumdum Boys (00:40:00): Three men fall from the ceiling after Lisa and Lars fire off a shot while arguing. The music continues during a “Three Days Earlier” sequence. “Mokkamann” accompanies the introduction of Roy (André Eriksen), Petter (Atle Antonsen) and Dave (Christian Rubeck).
- “Gi Meg Fri Ikveld” by Vazelina Bilopphøggers (01:30:00): Mikkel (Nils Ole Oftebro) learns about suspicious activity at his summer home. He complains to a retirement community employee named Ahmed. The music cuts when Mikkel hits Petter with his vehicle.
- “Kontroll på kontinentet” by Kaizers Orchestra (01:47:00): Lisa and Lars chat after killing Petter. The Trip soundtrack song scores a flash forward sequence as the protagonists participate in a press tour. The music kicks in again at 01:49:00 during a movie production scene.
- “Så som så” by Dumdum Boys (01:50:00): The song plays during the end credits after “Kontroll på kontinentet.”
The Trip soundtrack also includes “Cheezy” by Cheezy Dudes and “Glatte Balla” by L.A. Laplanders.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.