The JJ+E soundtrack features music by Rebecca & Fiona, Mura Masa and Victor Leksell. This info article contains spoilers for Alexis Almström’s 2021 Netflix movie. Visit the Soundtracks of Cinema section for more Vague Visages music guides.
JJ+E (Vinterviken) stars Mustapha Aarab and Elsa Öhrn as Stockholm teenagers named John John and Elisabeth, respectively. The young students bond at a performance arts school, and then develop a romance despite their different upbringings. Music supervisor Magnus Palmborg (Young Royals) incorporates various dream pop productions to complement the protagonists’ idealistic perspectives. Here’s every featured song in Alexis Almström’s 2021 film JJ+E.
JJ+E Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Netflix Movie
- “And What” by Charlie Harper (00:28:00): John John and Elisabeth practice corporal expression at dance class. The characters grin at each other while lying on the floor.
- “Prom” by Augustine (00:35:00): John John tries on Elisabeth’s new headphones. Öhrn’s character expresses her gratitude for the visit.
- “Ohlala” by Robbz x Brookz (00:38:00): John John receives stolen watches from Sluggo (Jonay Pineda Skallak). He quickly leaves his building complex as the police arrive.
- “Sing It Back” by Rebecca & Fiona (00:39:00): Elisabeth watches John John rehearse a wave dance technique. She declines an offer to join the group. The music cuts when the students are kicked out of the building. “Sing It Back” plays again at 01:14:00 when Elisabeth listens to music on her headphones.
- “Lovesick” by Mura Masa feat. A$AP Rocky (00:44:00): Elisabeth drives around with John John and his friends. The teenagers joke around and drink alcohol.
- “Tar De Pa Mig” by Mona Masrour, Guleed Nisi (00:51:00): John John gets dressed at home. He’s feeling good after a night out with Elisabeth. John John decides to wear a stolen watch that causes problems soon after.
- “Norrland” by Gidge (00:53:00): John John arrives at an outdoor rave party. He’s greeted by Elisabeth with a big kiss. The protagonists dance with their friends.
- “Solstralar” by Parham (01:05:00): John John and Elisabeth find an entrance to the roof of their school. The JJ+E soundtrack song continues over a montage sequence. John John and Sluggo have fun with their girlfriends.
- “Eld Och Lago by Victor Leksell (01:23:00): Elisabeth receives an urgent phone about her boyfriend. John John intends to harm the person who killed Sluggo. The JJ+E soundtrack song plays over the final scene and end credits.
The JJ+E soundtrack also includes “En Stund” by Jireel, “Blossom” by Harriet Whitehead, “BS” by Jireel and “Forbjuden” by Lucaz.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.