The A Murder at the End of the World soundtrack includes music by The Doors, Annie Lennox and Portishead. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Zal Batmanglij and Brit Marling’s FX series on Hulu. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
A Murder at the End of the World stars Emma Corrin as Darby Hart, a hacker and novelist from Iowa. Brit Marling co-stars as Lee, a mysterious woman who marries a tech billionaire. The storyline follows the main players as they investigate the death of a mutual acquaintance in Iceland. Composers Danny Bensi (Ozark) and Saunder Jurriaans (Ozark) scored the FX series; music supervisors Bruce Gilbert (Only Murders in the Building) and Lauren Mikus (Only Murders in the Building) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in A Murder at the End of the World.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Justified: City Primeval’
A Murder at the End of the World Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 1 “Chapter 1: Homme Fatale”
- “The End” by The Doors (00:00): The A Murder at the End of the World soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Darby walks down a dark street. She wears a red hoodie with headphones and arrives at a book reading event.
- “No More ‘I Love You’s'” by Annie Lennox (00:07): The track is featured during a car scene. Darby sings along to the tune with Bill (Harris Dickinson). The music plays again at 01:05:00.
- “Glory Box” by Portishead (00:21): Darby sits at a computer. She receives a call from an associate. Music plays from a speaker system.
- “Genesis” by Grimes (00:36):The A Murder at the End of the World soundtrack song accompanies an airplane scene. Darby travels to Iceland. She pops a pill and listens to music.
- “The Square Song” by Pickwick Children’s Chorus & Musica Friends (00:46): Darby arrives in Iceland. She looks around the home of Andy (Clive Owen). Darby spots Lee.
- “6 Concerti à più istrumenti, Op. 5 No. 6: I. Allegro” by Il Tempio Armonico, Orchestra Barocca di Verona & Alberto Rasi (00:46): Darby enters a room in Iceland. Music plays from a speaker system. Darby meets Andy and Lee’s other guests.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Mayans M.C.’
A Murder at the End of the World Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 2 “Chapter 2: The Silver Doe”
- “Hell Is Round the Corner” by Tricky (00:13): The A Murder at the End of the World soundtrack song accompanies a flashback scene. Darby walks through a school hallway. Music plays from her headphones.
- “Moon River” by Frank Ocean (01:00:00): Darby enters Ray’s Tavern. Music plays from the speaker system. The track scores the episode’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Bear’
A Murder at the End of the World Soundtrack: Every Song in Episode 3 “Chapter 3: Survivors”
- “Heads Up” by Warpaint (00:01): Darby travels with Bill during a flashback sequence. The A Murder at the End of the World soundtrack song plays from a speaker system. Bill talks about “Death by GPS.”
- “Concerto in E Minor — D. 56: II. Adagio” by Camerata Bern & Thomas Furi (00:09): The track accompanies an interior scene. Darby talks to Sian (Alice Braga) in Iceland. Music plays from a speaker system.
- “TBA” by TBA (00:09): An interior scene continues. Ziba talks about admiring Bill. She sings a song in Farsi.
- “Silenzio” by Le Couleur (00:13): Darby sits in her room. She listens to the A Murder at the End of the World soundtrack song. Darby calls out to Ray.
- “48 Variations for Two Pianos: Variation 1” by Herbert Henck & Deborah Richards (00:25): Darby talks to Lee. Music plays from a speaker system. Lee explains why she didn’t hack a camera system.
- “Dreams of a Maiden” by Richard Durrant, Nick Penn & Tom Arnold (00:45): Darby talks to Zoomer (Kellan Tetlow). She puts on a virtual reality headset. A crown floats in the air.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Old Man’
A Murder at the End of the World airs weekly on FX and Hulu. New episodes premiere every Wednesday through December 19, 2023. This article about A Murder at the End of the World soundtrack will be updated as the series progresses.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.