The Totally Killer soundtrack includes music by Bananarama, New Order and The Linda Lindas. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Nahnatchka Khan’s 2023 Amazon movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Totally Killer stars Kiernan Shipka as Jamie Hughes, a progressive high school student who accidentally transports to the year 1987. Olivia Holt co-stars as Pam Miller, the protagonist’s teenage mother. The storyline follows Jamie as she investigates a serial killer. Composer Michael Andrews (Donnie Darko) scored the 106-minute Amazon film; music supervisor Toko Nagata (Joy Ride) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Totally Killer.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Air’
Totally Killer Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Amazon Movie
- “The World Is Ours” by The Werewolves (00:02:00): Adult Chris Dubasage (Jonathan Potts) leads a crime scene tour. The Totally Killer soundtrack song continues during a transition sequence. Jamie listens to music in her bedroom.
- “Vague Flesh” by Taleen Kalie (00:17:00): A diner scene begins. Jamie meets with Adult Chris. Music plays lightly from the speaker system.
- “Venus” by Bananarama (00:20:00): Jamie attends a science fair. She fends off an attacker. Jamie arrives in 1987 Vernon.
- “He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not” by Bob Crawford (00:34:00): Jamie and Teen Lauren (Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson) exit a vehicle. The Totally Killer soundtrack song plays as they arrive at a house party. Music plays from a speaker system.
- “Bizarre Love Triangle” by New Order (00:36:00): A party scene continues. The track scores a montage. Jamie spots her father, Teen Blake (Charlie Gillespie).
- “Lady in Red” by Chris De Burgh (00:42:00): Tiffany exits a bathroom. Music plays from a speaker system. Tiffany calls out to Teen Eddie (Tate Chernen).
- “The World Is Ours (Emo Version)” by The Werewolves (00:52:00): Amelia (Kelcey Mawema) talks to Chris. The Totally Killer soundtrack song plays from a speaker system. Amelia discusses The Mandela Effect.
- “Say You’re the Only One” by Sierra (00:59:00): The music plays during a 1987 sequence. Jamie travels with Pam, Marisa (Stephi Chin-Salvo) and Heather (Anna Diaz). The volume amplifies at 01:01:00.
- “Under Control” by Brian Carr (01:01:00): A cabin sequence begins. Jamie talks about locking the doors and windows. Her friends toast to the “murder cabin.”
- “Let the Music Play” by Shannon (01:08:00): Jamie screams at Heather. The Totally Killer soundtrack song plays lightly as Marisa dances. The volume raises as the Sweet 16 Killer attacks Chin-Salvo’s character.
- “The Killing Moon” by Echo & The Bunnymen (01:21:00): A fair scene begins. Jamie tells Pam to act natural. The characters talk to Teen Kara (Ella Choi).
- “Little Bit ‘o Soul” by The Linda Lindas (01:38:00): Jamie finishes a conversation with Adult Lauren (Kimberly Huie). She sighs and says, “Fucking time travel.” The track scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘I’m a Virgo’
Totally Killer released on Amazon in October 2023.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.