The Covenant soundtrack includes music by America, The Hollies and Alex Ebert. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Guy Ritchie’s 2023 movie on Amazon. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The Covenant stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Master Sergeant John Kinley, a U.S. Army special forces operative who looks for IED factories in Afghanistan. Dar Salim co-stars as Ahmed, a local volunteer with Taliban ties. The storyline follows John as he survives an attack and vows to return a huge favor. Composer Christopher Benstead (The Gentlemen) scored the 123-minute film; music supervisor Jason Markey (FBoy Island) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in The Covenant.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Reacher’
The Covenant Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Movie
- “A Horse with No Name” by America (00:00:00): The Covenant soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Interstitial graphics establish context for the film’s plot. The music continues during an overhead shot. John talks to Charlie aka Jizzy (Sean Sagar), shortly before an IED explosion. The track drops as a transition scene begins.
- “Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress)” by The Hollies (00:05:00): John meets Ahmed for the first time. He hires him as an interpreter. The Covenant soundtrack song plays lightly as John and Ahmed’s conversation concludes. The tune picks up as a plane takes off.
- “Truth” by Alex Ebert (01:56:00): The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘The Terminal List’
The Covenant soundtrack also includes:
- “Toshna Ye Abem Shoda” by Mehri Maftun
- “Say What You Want” by White Denim
- “Thunder Continue in the Aftermath” by Laurie Anderson and the Kronos Quartet
- “Darkness Falls” by Margaret Lewis
- “Farther Chi Khush-U Khush Havay Dara Jana” by Rahim Takhari
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.