The No Hard Feelings soundtrack includes music by The Stooges, Nelly and Bob Seger. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Gene Stupnitsky’s 2023 movie on Apple and Amazon. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
No Hard Feelings stars Jennifer Lawrence as Maddie Barker, a bartender who needs money for a car. Andrew Barth Feldman co-stars as Percy Becker, a socially awkward teenager who plans to attend Princeton University. The storyline follows Maddie as she gets hired to sexually awaken a young man. Composers Mychael Danna (Life of Pi) and Jessica Rose Weiss (Cinderella) scored the 103-minute film; music supervisor Susan Jacobs (Servant) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in No Hard Feelings.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Cocaine Bear’
No Hard Feelings Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2023 Movie
- “Draggin’ the Line” by Tommy James (00:00:00): The No Hard Feelings soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Gary (Ebon Moss-Bachrach) drives through Montauk. He arrives at Maddie’s home.
- “Another Camden Afternoon” by The Stranglers (00:03:00): Gary leaves Maddie’s home. The track continues during a transition scene. Maddie wears a red top while rollerblading.
- “Jezahel” by Shirley Bassey (00:05:00): Maddie gets trapped in Gary’s car. The track scores the title sequence. Gabe (Zahn McClarnon) warns Maddie about losing her license.
- “Down on the Street” by The Stooges (00:11:00): An exterior sequence begins. The No Hard Feelings soundtrack song plays as Maddie rollerblades. The music is featured again at 01:30:00.
- “The Stroke” by Billy Squier (00:24:00): Maddie drives a green van. Percy inquires about his seat belt. He sprays Maddie with mace.
- “Driver’s Seat” by Sniff ‘n’ The Tears (00:28:00): Maddie worries about the “unfuckable” Percy. The track continues during a transition scene. Percy enters a bar and meets with Maddie.
- “Maneater” by Daryl Hall & John Oates (00:30:00): A bar scene continues. The No Hard Feelings soundtrack song plays from a speaker system. Percy talks to Maddie about intense dreams.
- “Hot in Herre” by Nelly (00:40:00): Maddie hangs out with Percy. She plays a song. Maddie dances to the music.
- “Back to the Start” by Cary Brothers (00:44:00): A beach scene begins. Maddie hangs out with Percy. The characters run with dogs and visit an arcade.
- “Would You?” by Richard Swift (00:52:00): Maddie tells Doug (Hasan Minhaj) to stay off her yard. The No Hard Feelings soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Percy wears a sport coat and prepares for a date.
- “Maneater” by Andrew Barth Feldman (00:55:00): Percy attends a social event with Maddie. He plays a piano. Percy performs a cover song.
- “Anemone” by The Brian Jonestown Massacre (01:02:00): Maddie picks up a rose. She enters a house party. Maddie looks for Percy.
- “Black Out Days (Future Islands Remix)” by Phantogram (01:22:00): Percy finishes a conversation with his parents. The No Hard Feelings soundtrack song continues during a transition scene. Maddie looks at her computer monitor.
- “That’s That” by Cass McCombs (01:27:00): Maddie looks at a returned letter. She sits by a fire. Maddie contacts Doug about selling her home.
- “You’ll Accomp’ny Me” by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band (01:37:00): Percy reunites with Milo. He travels with Maddie to Princeton. The track scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Asteroid City’
The No Hard Feelings soundtrack also includes:
- “Wondrous Place” by Billy Fury
- “I Guess You Get It” by Earl Rose
- “Semper” by Last Verse
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.