The Fatale soundtrack includes music by Saweetie, Jhené Aiko and FKA Twigs. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Deon Taylor’s 2020 movie on Netflix. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Fatale stars Hilary Swank as Val Quinlan, a vindictive Los Angeles detective. Michael Ealy co-stars as Derrick Tyler, a sports agent who cheats on his wife. The storyline follows the main players as they strategize against each other during a criminal investigation. Composer Geoff Zanelli (Christopher Robin) scored the 102-minute film; music supervisor Sean C. Matthews selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Fatale.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘River Wild’
Fatale Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2020 Movie
- “Eternal Light” by The Free Nationals (00:01:00): An exterior sequence begins. The Fatale soundtrack song scores the opening title sequence. Derrick and Tracie (Damaris Lewis) hang out with Rafe (Mike Colter).
- “Some Nights” by Saint Jhn (00:03:00): Tracie relaxes in a pool. A new report about Carter (Danny Pino) begins. Derrick packs a bag.
- “My Type” by Saweetie (00:05:00): A Las Vegas sequence begins. Derrick visits a club. He talks to Rafe.
- “Rotate” by Anik Khan (00:07:00): A club scene continues. The Fatale soundtrack song plays from a speaker system. Derrick sees Val for the first time.
- “Toast” by Koffee (00:08:00): Val approaches a bar. She order a glass of water. Val flirts with Derrick.
- “To Love and Die” by Jhené Aiko feat. Cocaine 80s (00:11:00): Derrick dances with Val. The track continues during a transition scene. Derrick and Val have sex.
- “Everything I Miss at Home” by Cherrelle feat. Alexander O’Neal (00:20:00): The Fatale soundtrack song accompanies an interior scene. Derrick prepares a pasta sauce. He talks to Tracie.
- “Make It Last Forever” by Keith Sweat (00:22:00): Derrick hangs out with Tracie. Music plays from a speaker system. Derrick and Tracie dance together.
- “Figures” by FKA Twigs (00:50:00): An exterior sequence begins. Derrick drives his vehicle. He meets with Val.
- “Strap on the Side” by Spice 1 (01:15:00): Bumpy (Compton Menace) exits a building. The Fatale soundtrack song continues as he enters a vehicle. Bumpy talks to Tyrin (Tyrin Abenathy).
- “No Commas” by D Smoke (01:38:00): A radio report begins. Angie talks to Terrence J. about Derrick. The track scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Jesus Revolution’
The Fatale soundtrack also includes:
- “Lingo” by Anik Khan
- “Sunshine” by Kenneth Edmonds
- “A Million Miles” by C.S. Armstrong
- “Mr. Nobody” by daydream Masi
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.