The Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack includes music by Kenny Loggins, T.Rex and Lady Gaga. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Joseph Kosinski’s 2022 movie on Paramount+. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Top Gun: Maverick stars Tom Cruise as Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a legendary military aviator. Val Kilmer co-stars as Tom “Iceman” Kazansky, the protagonist’s longtime colleague and trusted advisor. The storyline follows Maverick as he leads a fateful mission. Composers Harold Faltermeyer (Beverly Hills Cop), Lady Gaga and Hans Zimmer (Interstellar) scored the 130-minute film; music supervisor Randy Spendlove (Dreamgirls) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Top Gun: Maverick, a sequel to the 1986 film Top Gun.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Top Gun’
Top Gun: Maverick Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins (00:01:00): The Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack song scores the opening montage. Crew members prep for a mission. A fighter jet takes off.
- “Your Cheatin’ Heart” by Hank Williams (00:13:00): Maverick enters Cecil’s Cafe. Music plays lightly from the speaker system. Patrons stare at Maverick.
- “Let’s Dance” by David Bowie (00:22:00): Mavericks visits a bar. He reunites with Penny (Jennifer Connelly). The track plays in the background.
- “Bang a Gong (Get It On)” by T. Rex (00:22:00): Penny rings a bell. The Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack song kicks in during a bar scene. Penny explains her rules to Maverick.
- “Tramp” by Otis Redding & Carla Thomas (00:24:00): An exterior scene begins. Rooster (Miles Teller) exits his vehicle. He enters Penny’s bar.
- “Slow Ride” by Foghat (00:25:00): A bar scene continues. Hangman (Glen Powell) picks a jukebox song. He speaks to Rooster at a pool table.
- “Great Balls of Fire” by Jerry Lee Lewis (00:30:00): Maverick gets kicked out of a bar. He hears the Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack song being sung by Rooster. Maverick remembers his late friend Goose (Anthony Edwards).
- “Won’t Get Fooled Again” by The Who (00:35:00): A training sequence begins. Maverick speaks to Top Gun aviators. He teaches basic fighting maneuvers.
- “I Ain’t Worried” by OneRepublic (01:00:00): Cyclone (Jon Hamm) walks around his base. A football montage begins. Maverick hangs out with his students.
- “Taps” by Jacob Anderson (01:15:00): The Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack song is featured during a funeral sequence. Maverick honors Iceman. A bugler performs the tribute song.
- “Hold My Hand” by Lady Gaga (01:58:00): Maverick shares an intimate moment with Penny. They take off in a fighter jet. The track scores the movie’s final moments.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Mayor of Kingstown’
The Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack also includes:
- “Viper Comes Down on Mav” by Harold Faltermeyer
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Action, Drama, Soundtracks of Cinema
You must be logged in to post a comment.