The Bad Guys soundtrack includes music by The Black Keys, The Chemical Brothers and Elle King. This info article contains spoilers for Pierre Perifel’s 2022 movie on Netflix. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The Bad Guys stars Sam Rockwell as Wolf, a notorious thief who targets a coveted award. Marc Maron co-stars as Snake, the protagonist’s best friend who participates in a heist plan. The storyline follows a group of anthropomorphic animal criminals as they team up with a red fox. Composer Daniel Pemberton (The Trial of the Chicago 7) scored the 100-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Natalie Hayden (The Croods: A New Age) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in The Bad Guys, an adaptation of Aaron Blabey’s graphic novel series.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Falling for Christmas’
The Bad Guys Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “Fire” by Black Pumas (00:00:00): The Bad Guys soundtrack song plays during the opening sequence. Wolf visits a diner with Snake. The track is barely audible as the characters talk about birthdays.
- “Stop, Drop, Roll” by Can’t Stop Won’t Stop (00:07:00): Wolf sits in his vehicle. He tells Tarantula aka Webs (Awkwafina) to “hit it.” Wolf’s crew rocks out as Misty Luggins (Alex Borstein) watches them cruise away.
- “Happy Birthday” by Traditional (00:09:00): Wolf and company arrive at their storage facility. Piranha (Anthony Ramos) begins to vocalize for a birthday celebration. Snake blows out the candles on a cake.
- “Howlin’ for You” by The Black Keys (00:14:00): Wolf explains a new plan. The Bad Guys soundtrack song plays as he talks about a ceremony at the Museum of Fine Arts. Wolf strategizes about how to blend in while targeting the Golden Dolphin.
- “Fly Me to the Moon” by Julie London (00:47:00): The music accompanies a gala sequence. Wolf and company hang out with Professor Marmalade (Richard Ayoade). Shark talks to his fans.
- “We’re Gonna Be Good Tonight” by Daniel Pemberton, Gary Go (00:49:00): Piranha sings at a gala event. He sweats profusely while distracting the police. Shark (Craig Robinson) plays the drums while performing with a full band.
- “Go” by The Chemical Brothers (01:18:00): The Bad Guys soundtrack song scores a chase sequence. Diane Foxington (Zazie Beetz) asks Webs if she is ready for a “girls’ trip.” The characters cruise through traffic on a motorcycle.
- “Feelin’ Alright” by Elle King (01:31:00): The track scores the end credits.
- “Brand New Day” by The Heavy (01:33:00): Wolf breaks the fourth wall during a credits scene. He cruises off with his crew. The Bad Guys soundtrack song plays during the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘From Scratch’
The Bad Guys soundtrack also includes:
- “Autumn Leaves” by Hank Garland
- “Over the River and Through the Wood” by Traditional
- “Whisper Not” by Anita O’Day and The Three Sounds
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.