The Purple Hearts soundtrack includes music by Sofia Carson, Andrew Jones and Lola Marsh. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Elizabeth Allen Rosenbaum’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Purple Hearts stars Sofia Carson as Cassie Salazar, a Southern California musician who needs money for medical expenses. Nicholas Galitzine co-stars as Luke, a U.S. Marine stationed in Oceanside, California. The storyline follows the main protagonists as they marry for financial reasons and overcome the odds while pursuing their goals. Composers Tony Kanal (No Doubt bassist) and Blake Neely (Riverdale) scored the 122-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Jen Ross (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Purple Hearts.
Read More at VV — Know the Cast & Characters: ‘Recurrence’
Purple Hearts Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Blue Side of the Sky” by Sofia Carson (00:00:00): The Purple Hearts soundtrack song can be heard during the opening sequence. Cassie works on a new song as Luke heads to Camp Pendleton. The recorded track plays at 01:26:00 and also during the end credits at 01:59:00
- “Sweet Caroline” by Sofia Carson (00:01:00): Cassie performs at an Oceanside, California bar. Her band, The Loyal, accompanies her on stage. The crowd cheers as the song ends.
- “Feel It Still” by Sofia Carson (00:14:00): Cassie performs with The Loyal. She fades off due to a diabetes attack. Nora (Kat Cunning) takes over the lead vocals.
- “Come Back Home (Stripped)” by Sofia Carson (00:46:00): Cassie works on a new song at home. Luke plays with a child in Iraq. The Purple Hearts soundtrack song is featured again at 00:51:00, 00:53:00 and 01:57:00.
- “Come Back Home (Full Band)” by Sofia Carson (00:55:00): Cassie performs live at an Oceanside concert. Luke prepares for a mission as the music fades.
- “Taps” by Andrew Jones (01:07:00): Cassie learns about the death of her longtime friend, Frankie (Chosen Jacobs). The music plays during a funeral sequence at Fort Rosecrans in San Diego.
- “Only For a Moment” by Lola Marsh (01:13:00): Luke looks at the ocean. The Purple Hearts soundtrack song plays as Cassie prepares for the arrival of her husband’s father, Jacob Morrow Sr. (Linden Ashby). The track continues during a montage sequence.
- “I Hate the Way (Stripped)” by Sofia Carson (01:15:00): Cassie works on a new song. She performs live during a label spotlight.
- “I Hate the Way (Full Band)” by Sofia Carson (01:39:00): Cassie performs live with The Loyal. Luke runs for the first time since being injured in Iraq.
- “I Didn’t Know” by Sofia Carson (01:48:00): Cassie performs at The Hollywood Bowl. She takes in the moment as the instrumental plays.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Keep Breathing’
The Purple Hearts soundtrack also includes:
- “Caroline” by Harvey Jay Dodgson
- “Three Leaf Clover” by Aodhan
- “Whatever Happened, It’s Alright Now” by Suns Up
- “Shearing Lounge” by Steven Michael Yeager
- “Don’t You Want Me?” by The Bashfuls
- “You Put the Spice in My Life” by Dale Chafin
- “Mary Lou” by Michael Legnon
- “My Love Is Real” by Calvin Harris
- “I’ll Be Waiting Here” by Elijah Honey
- “Terrace” by Shelter Boy feat. Boy Pablo
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.