The Gray Man soundtrack includes music by Shirley Bassey, Mark Lindsay and The Black Keys. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Anthony Russo and Joe Russo’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The Gray Man stars Ryan Gosling as Six, a convicted killer who works as a CIA assassin. Chris Evans co-stars as Lloyd Hansen, a former CIA agent turned independent contractor. The storyline follows Six as he attempts to rescue the niece of his handler while receiving help from a colleague named Dani Miranda (Ana de Armas). Composer Henry Jackman (X-Men: First Class) scored the 129-minute Netflix film; music supervisors Manish Raval (New Girl) and Tom Wolfe (New Girl) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in The Gray Man, an adaptation of Mark Greaney’s 2009 novel.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Persuasion’
The Gray Man Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Lochloosa” by JJ Grey & Mofro (00:00:00): The Gray Man soundtrack song plays during the opening sequence. Donald Fitzroy (Billy Bob Thornton) meets with Courtland “Court” Gentry (Gosling) in 2003. He recruits him to be a CIA assassin.
- “Toei from the Heart” by Banyen Rakkaen (00:08:00): Six tracks down a target in Bangkok. The music sets in during a night club scene. Dani navigates the venue.
- “The Ooogum Boogum Song” by Brenton Wood (00:25:00): Claire Fitzroy (Julia Butters) breathes heavy. The track scores a transition sequence. Donald Fitzroy orders a contact to kill Six during a flight.
- “Spinning Wheel” by Shirley Bassey (00:34:00): The Gray Man soundtrack song plays during a “Two Years Earlier” sequence. Margaret Cahill (Alfre Woodard) asks Six to “babysit” Claire. The music continues during a Honk Kong sequence in which Fitzroy explains his niece’s backstory.
- “Silver Bird” by Mark Lindsay (00:40:00): Claire plays a record. Six battles an assassin in the Fitzroy home. Claire plays the music again at 01:53:00.
- “Tritsch-Tratsch-Polka, Op. 214” by Wiener Sangerknaben, Gerald Wirth, Salonorchester Alt Wien (00:41:00): A “Present Day” sequence begins. The Gray Man soundtrack song plays during an exterior aerial shot in Vienna. Six walks through a train station.
- “Aline” by Christophe (01:02:00): A Prague sequence begins. A record plays at Margaret’s home. Dani buzzes the doorbell.
- “Wild Child” by The Black Keys (01:54:00): Six rescues Claire. They drive away in a vehicle as the film concludes. The track scores the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Man from Toronto’
The Gray Man soundtrack also includes:
- “Clean Food” by Boom Boom Cash feat. Fukking Herd
- “Tang High-Low (Playing Dice)” by Weipoj Petschsupan
- “Kol Slaven” by The Sofia Brass Ensemble
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.