The Halftime soundtrack includes music by Jennifer Lopez, Bruce Springsteen and Ricky Martin. This info article contains song details for Amanda Micheli’s 2022 Netflix documentary. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Halftime focuses on the career achievements of Jennifer Lopez. The American singer and actress prepares for a Super Bowl performance while anticipating an Oscar nomination for Hustlers. As Lopez talks about the past, she plans for the second half of her career. Composer Edwin Ospina (Maizidian) scored the 95-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Lauren Fay Levy (Messiah) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Halftime.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Father of the Bride’
Halftime Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Documentary
- “Born in the U.S.A.” by Bruce Springsteen (00:17:00): Lopez briefly sings the 1984 classic. It’s later featured during a rehearsal at 01:13:00. The Halftime soundtrack song is performed live at 01:24:00 during the Super Bowl.
- “Waiting for Tonight (Hex’s Momentous Radio Mix)” by Jennifer Lopez (00:23:00): The song plays during a montage as Lopez talks about her goals. A 1999 music video plays briefly. The track can also be heard at 00:47:00 as pole choreographer Johanna Sapakie talks about Hustlers.
- “Jenny from the Block — Track Masters Remix” by Jennifer Lopez feat. Jadakiss and Styles P (00:32:00): Lopez rehearses at Ripley-Grier studios. The Halftime soundtrack song plays again at 00:38:00 during another rehearsal scene. Lopez performs the track at 01:22:00 during a Super Bowl set.
- “Pégate (MTV Unplugged Version)” by Ricky Martin (00:39:00): A group of children dance to the 2006 song. Lopez watches with her daughter. She reacts positively to the group performance.
- “Get Right” by Jennifer Lopez (00:56:00): Lopez rehearses at a Telemundo studio. She prepares for the Super Bowl with her dance team. The Halftime soundtrack song is performed live at 01:22:00.
- “On the Floor” by Jennifer Lopez (01:00:00): Lopez rehearses for the Super Bowl. The sequence takes place at the Baptiste Health Training Complex. Lopez performs live at 01:23:00.
- “Let’s Get Loud” by Jennifer Lopez (01:12:00): Lopez rehearses for the Super Bowl with young dancers. The music can be heard again at 01:24:00 and briefly at 01:30:00. The Halftime soundtrack song scores the end credits at 01:33:00 after “Same Girl.”
- “This Land Is Your Land” by Woody Guthrie (01:28:00): Lopez performs at President Joe Biden’s inauguration on January 20, 2021. She incorporates “Let’s Get Loud” at the end.
- “Same Girl” by Jennifer Lopez and French Montana (01:30:00): The track scores the epilogue sequence and continues during the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Spiderhead’
The Halftime soundtrack also includes:
- “Aguanile” by William Anthony Colón and Héctor Lavoe Perez
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Documentary, Music, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.