The Takedown soundtrack includes music by Sefyu, Two Steps from Hell and Manu Dibango. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Louis Leterrier’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
The Takedown stars Omar Sy as Ousmane Diakité, a Parisian cop who investigates a drug deal gone wrong. Laurent Lafitte co-stars as François Monge, a vain police officer who reunites with his former partner. The storyline follows the protagonists as they travel throughout France and learn about a terrorism plot. Composer Guillaume Roussel (The Spy) scored the 119-minute Netflix film; music supervisor Varda Kakon (The Stronghold) assembled the featured needle-drops with the assistance of Yona Azoulay. Here’s every song in The Takedown, a sequel to the 2012 movie On the Other Side of the Tracks.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Honeymoon with My Mother’
The Takedown Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Turbo” by Sefyu (00:01:00): Ousmane prepares to arrest the most wanted man in Europe. The Takedown soundtrack song plays as he arrives at an underground cage match. Diaz (Rachid Metlouti) fights as the crowd cheers. The music drops as Ousmane looks for the “little shrimp.”
- “Victory” by Two Steps from Hell, Extreme Music Library (00:11:00): Ousmane meets a communications director named Benoît Méaux (Bertrand Usclat). He watches a campaign presentation for “policeman 2.0.” Orchestral music scores the video. The Takedown soundtrack song plays again at 01:53:00 when François is featured in the “hero” production.
- “The Panther” by Manu Dibango (01:04:00): Ousmane and François chase Nader through a laser tag room. They argue and follow the boy to a bowling alley. Nader jumps across several lanes as the The Takedown soundtrack song kicks in.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Crush’
The Takedown soundtrack also includes:
- Hypnotic Wave” by Pierre Terrasse
- “Les Pervers Narcissiques” by Ludovic Bource
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Action, Comedy, Crime, Netflix Originals, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals
You must be logged in to post a comment.