The Single All the Way soundtrack includes music by Britney Spears, Nancy Wilson and Dan Finnerty. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Michael Mayer’s 2021 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Single All the Way stars Michael Urie and Philemon Chambers as Los Angeles residents named Peter and Nick, respectively. The two gay men spend time with each other in Vermont during the holiday season and realize that they could be more than just good friends. The 2021 Christmas movie features a score by composer Anton Sanko (Big Love) and nearly 20 needle drop tracks. Here’s every song is Single All the Way.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘F*ck Love Too’
Single All the Way Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Netflix Movie
- “Not Tonight Santa” by Girls Aloud (00:00:00): The Single All the Way soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Peter directs a Santa-themed photoshoot. He argues with an agent named Adam.
- “I Hope You Have a Horrible Christmas” by Angela Sheik (00:03:00): Peter socializes at a Christmas party. He discusses his nine-year friendship with Nick. The music fades as Peter’s cardiologist boyfriend, Tim, arrives.
- “Jingle Bells” by Sugar & The High-Lows (00:04:00): The song plays during a brief exterior shot. “Jingle Bells” drops when Peter chats with his boyfriend.
- “Christmas All the Time” by Explosive Ear Candy (00:06:00): Peter video chats with his father (Barry Bostwick). The Single All the Way soundtrack song fades as the protagonist speaks with his mother, Carole (Kathy Najimy).
- “Happy Holiday / The Holiday Season” by The Manhattan Transfer (00:12:00): Nick agrees to spend Christmas with Peter and his family. The music scores a Los Angeles cityscape sequence. “Happy Holiday / The Holiday Season” continues during a road trip conversation between Nick and Peter.
- “The First Noel” by Natalie Taylor (00:33:00): Peter shops for wine. He runs into his friend Nick. The music plays lightly in the background.
- “Joy to the World” by Whitney Houston with The Georgia Mass Choir (00:56:00): The Single All the Way soundtrack song scores a montage sequence. Peter and Nick help Aunt Sandy (Jennifer Coolidge) with her play. Sofia (Alexandra Beaton) and Daniela (Madison Brydges) work on their plan to romantically unite their uncle with his best friend.
- “My Only Wish (This Year)” by Britney Spears (01:13:00): Peter remembers the song while speaking with Sofia and Daniela. The characters dance together in a bedroom. Nick shows up and learns that Peter has romantic feelings for him.
- “Mrs. Claus” by Dan Finnerty (01:22:00): Kevin (Dan Finnerty) performs the Single All the Way soundtrack song at a bar. Peter explains to James (Luke Macfarlane) that the singer is the “snow-plow guy” who entertains the audience once per year on Christmas Eve.
- “The Christmas Waltz” by Nancy Wilson (01:33:00): Peter and Nick decide to begin a new life together. The music plays during a Christmas Day sequence. Peter delivers good news to his family.
- “Single All the Way” by Dan Finnerty (01:35:00): The Single All the Way soundtrack song scores the credits sequence. Kevin comedically sings about a “true story.” Aunt Sandy boogies on the stage.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘A Perfect Pairing’
The Single All the Way soundtrack also includes:
- “Jingle Bells” by Studio Musicians
- “110 Degrees” by Gregory James Wariner
- “So Caught Up” by Tom Linden, Domenico Russo and Michele Russo
- “O Christmas Tree” by Studio Musicians
- “Auld Lang Syne Big Band” by Palisades Big Band
- “Christmas in the City” by Bombay Beach Revival
- “Wicked Christmas” by Studio Musicians
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.