The Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin soundtrack includes music by Morgxn, In Lights and Loretta Lynn. This info article contains spoilers and song details for William Eubank’s 2021 Paramount+ movie. Visit the Vague Visages Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin stars Emily Bader as an adopted woman named Margot. Henry Ayres-Brown co-headlines as Samuel, the protagonist’s Amish cousin who seeks out family members during his Rumspringa. Emily organizes a camera crew to document her first experiences with blood relatives, and the production unfortunately doesn’t go as planned. Musically, the found footage film mostly includes background music during its 98-minute runtime; however, the flick does include a couple needledrops that viewers may be curious about. Here’s a breakdown of the featured songs in Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Hustle’
Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “Wonder (PVRIS Remix)” by Morgxn (00:07:00): Margot and company arrive in upstate New York. The Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin soundtrack song scores a driving sequence. Margot shoots video as she makes her way to Buffalo; the moment aligns with the lyric “When the question’s way too hard to understand.”
- “Hello Darlin'” by Loretta Lynn (01:32:00): Samuel leaves his family home after killing two police officers. Based on the wild climactic events, the character is seemingly possessed by a demonic spirit known as Ashmodeus. Samuel drives down a country road as the Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin soundtrack song plays after a radio dispatch call.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Fresh’
The Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin soundtrack also includes the following background music:
- “Let It Out” by Devin Jay Hoffman and Vincent Eric Scullin
- “All Night Long” by Axel Bauer and Daniel Aaron Walker
- “Run Thru” by David Kopatz
- “We Shall See” by In Lights
- “Jesus Wird Kommen” by Jasper Randall and Peter Rotter
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Horror, Mystery, Paramount+ Originals, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals, Thriller