The Hypnotic soundtrack includes music by Frédéric Chopin, War Paint and Christoph Willibald Gluck. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Matt Angel and Suzanne Coote’s 2021 Netflix movie. Visit the Vague Visages Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Hypnotic stars Kate Siegel as Portland-based software engineer named Jenn Thompson. Jason O’Mara co-stars as the protagonist’s therapist, Dr. Meade. After several bizarre incidents, Jenn reaches the conclusion that someone has infiltrated her subconscious. The film’s soundtrack — supervised by Doug Bernheim (Dick Johnson Is Dead) — mostly features background music; however, well-known orchestral pieces accompany some of the most sinister moments. Here’s every featured song in Hypnotic.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Hustle’
Hypnotic Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Netflix Movie
- “New Song” by War Paint (00:03:00): The Hypnotic soundtrack song plays as Jenn arrives at a house party. She learns that her ex-fiancee, Brian (Jaime M. Callica), is one of the guests. The music continues after Jenn requests a glass of wine.
- “Che Faro Senza Euridice” by Christoph Willibald Gluck (00:42:00): Dr. Meade plays a record at home. He enjoys an adult beverage and relaxes in a recliner. The track cuts when Detective Rollins (Dulé Hill) visits the doctor.
- “Nocturnes, OP. 9: No.2 in E-Flat Major” by Frédéric Chopin (01:07:00): Jenn wakes up from a dream. Dr. Meade — revealed to be the son of hypnotist Xavier Sullivan — treats her bitten nails.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Falling for Christmas’
The Hypnotic soundtrack also includes the following background music:
- “Nocturnes, OP. 9: No.1 in B-Flat Minor” by Frédéric Chopin
- “Runaway” by Foster Olson
- “After Hours” by Steve Sidwell
- “Light That Fuse” by Joshua Loucka
- “Feeling You” by Matthew Ganaden Champagne, Austin Clay Farmer, Heath Alan Farmer, Ryan Lynne Kilpatrick and Addam L. Farmer
- “The Biggest Issues” by Philip Michael
- “Looking for Love” by Ryan Vosloo & Benedic Lamdin
- “Tension in the Air” by Philip Michael
- “Jaded” by Near Tears
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.