The Confessions of an Invisible Girl soundtrack includes music by Plínio Profeta, Tulipa Ruiz and Tim Maia. This info article contains spoilers for Bruno Garotti’s 2021 Netflix movie. Visit the Soundtracks of Cinema section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Confessions of an Invisible Girl stars Klara Castanho as a Rio de Janeiro teenager named Tetê. She transfers to a new school and worries about how she’s perceived by various classmates. Based on Thalita Rebouças’ novel, the coming-of-age comedy explores Tetê’s transformation from a sweaty, nervous kid into a confident young woman. Here’s every featured song in Confessions of an Invisible Girl.
Confessions of an Invisible Girl Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Netflix Movie
- “Confissões de uma Garota Excluída” by Melim, Plínio Profeta, Lucas Vasconcellos, Marcos Kuzka (00:00:00): Tetê narrates about today’s nerds becoming tomorrow’s millionaires. A flash-forward scene teases the main conflict in the Netflix movie. The song also scores the end credits scene at 01:24:00.
- “Coisa da Geração” by Lagum (00:03:00): Tetê moves from Barra da Tijuca to Copacabana. The Confessions of an Invisible Girl soundtrack song plays over a coastline and cityscape montage. Lagum’s music fades with the title graphic.
- “Nosso Amor Foi um GIF” by Banda BILTRE (00:09:00): Tetê develops feelings for Davi (Gabriel Lima). She imagines hanging out at the beach with him and his family. Moments later, the music drops as Tetê spots Erick (Lucca Picon) for the first time, and then picks up again during another dream sequence.
- “Do Leme Ao Pontal” by Tim Maia (00:24:00): Tetê gives her grandmother a list of foods that will decrease sweating. The characters dance together as the Confessions of an Invisible Girl soundtrack jam continues over a transitional sequence. Tetê and her grandmother have fun while cooking.
- “Proporcional” by Tulipa Ruiz (00:39:00): Tetê receives a makeover before attending a party at the home of Laís (Fernanda Concon). Meanwhile, Davi and his brother Dudu (Caio Cabral) try on different clothes. The music drops as Tetê celebrates the removal of her mustache.
- “Dance Baby Dance” by Ras Chosen (00:40:00): Tetê and company get ready to party. The Confessions of an Invisible Girl soundtrack song plays briefly and fades when the protagonists arrive at Laís’ home. Zeca (Marcus Bessa) reveals that he hasn’t come out to his father.
- “Meu Abrigo” by Plínio Profeta, Lucca Picon (00:41:00): Tetê enters Laís’ home. Erick performs on stage with his band. Tetê imagines that she’s singing in front of the crowd. In reality, she vocalizes off-key until Zeca asks her to stop.
- “É Hoje Ein” by Diverio (00:43:00): Tetê informs Erick about the specifics of her makeover (mustache and eyebrows). Valentina (Júlia Gomes) arrives at the party. Zeca tries to cheer up Tetê.
- “Brisa” by IZA (00:46:00): The Confessions of an Invisible Girl soundtrack song kicks in right after Laís’ makes fun of Davi. Tetê dances and grins upon realizing that Erick is watching her. Dudu suggest that they go outside to cool down.
- “Lance Criminoso” by Papatinho, Xamã, MC Cabelinho, BK (00:50:00): Tetê attempts to cheer up Samantha (Kiria Malheiros). The song plays over an extended sequence that links to the third-act drama. “Lance Criminoso” can also be heard at 01:13:00 when Tetê examines videos from Laís’ social event.
- “Ninguém É Como Você” by Manda (00:57:00): Tetê’s family celebrates her happiness after the party. “Ninguém É Como Você” scores a split-screen sequence featuring Davi and Zeca. Tetê learns about Dudu’s ex-girlfriend for the first time.
The Confessions of an Invisible Girl soundtrack also includes “Mostra o Seu Talento” by MC Koringa and Joker Beats.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.