The End of the Road soundtrack includes music by Alicia Keys, Otis Redding and Nappy Roots. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Millicent Shelton’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
End of the Road stars Queen Latifah as Brenda, a California woman who prepares for a move to Houston. Chris Bridges co-stars as Reggie, the protagonist’s unpredictable brother who tags along for a road trip. The storyline follows the siblings and two children as they cross paths with a scheming Arizona state trooper. Composer Craig DeLeon (The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey) scored the 89-minute Netflix film; music supervisors Derryck “Big Tank” Thornton Sr. (Mike) and Aamina Gant (Keep Breathing) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in End of the Road.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Love in the Villa’
End of the Road Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “Menace” by Durand the Rapper (00:02:00): Brenda chats with her daughter, Kelly (Mychala Faith Lee). The End of the Road soundtrack song plays as Reggie sits in a vehicle and passes a joint. Brenda shakes her head.
- “Teleport” by Etta Bond (00:05:00): Reggie smokes up with Kelly. The music continues during a transition scene. Brenda prepares to move.
- “Where Do We Go from Here” by Alicia Keys (00:07:00): Brenda and her children leave their home. The song accompanies the opening credits. Brenda starts a road trip.
- “Memphis aka All of Us” by FLAVe (00:11:00): The End of the Road soundtrack song sets in as Brenda watches Reggie sleep. She drives and checks on her children. Brenda gets upset about the lack of conversations.
- “Nothing’s Impossible” by BChe (00:14:00): Reggie theorizes about “Area 51 shit.” He talks about getting abducted by aliens. Music plays from Brenda’s vehicle.
- “Cali Rain” by Marley Waters, LNDN (00:16:00): Brenda leaves a gas station. She spots a truck behind her vehicle. Brenda wakes up Reggie.
- “Pain in My Heart” by Otis Redding (00:23:00): Brenda and company arrive at the Sunset Motel. Reggie plays a jukebox tune. The End of the Road soundtrack song begins as Cam (Shaun Dixon) inquires about potential danger.
- “Start a Riot” by DUCKWRTH feat. Shaboozey (00:49:00): A young woman drives a vehicle. Brenda chases her down. She says, “Thieving bitch!”
- “Good Day” by Nappy Roots (01:21:00): Brenda and company eat at a diner. They talk about returning stolen money. The song scores the film’s final moments and end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Me Time’
The End of the Road soundtrack also includes:
- “Shoot 3” by André Truth
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Q.V. (Quinn) Hough is Vague Visages’ founding editor.