The Hollywood Stargirl soundtrack includes music by Fleetwood Mac, Brian Wilson and Grace VanderWaal. This info article contains spoilers for Julia Hart’s 2022 Disney+ movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Hollywood Stargirl stars Grace VanderWaal as Susan “Stargirl” Caraway, a teenager who moves to Los Angeles with her costume designer mother. Elijah Richardson co-stars as Evan, the protagonist’s love interest who produces a movie sizzle reel with his older brother. The storyline follows Susan as she meets one of her idols and begins a career in the entertainment industry. Composers Duncan Blickenstaff (Ghostbusters: Afterlife) and Rob Simonsen (The Adam Project) scored the 105-minute Disney+ film; music supervisor Dan Wilcox (Little America) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Hollywood Stargirl, a sequel to the 2020 film Stargirl.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers’
Hollywood Stargirl Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Disney+ Movie
- “Just What I Needed” by The Cars (00:01:00): The Hollywood Stargirl soundtrack song plays during the opening sequence. Susan sings alone at home while playing her ukelele. The original recorded version of the track kicks in as Stargirl and her mother move to California.
- “Everywhere” by Fleetwood Mac (00:07:00): Stargirl expores her new neighborhood. She visits a clothing store and buys a hat. Stargirl rides a bus and compliments a woman wearing a tutu.
- “Make Your Own Kind of Music” by Grace VanderWaal (00:10:00): Stargirl strums her ukelele at home. She sings the 1969 hit by Cass Elliot. The tune can be heard again at 00:21:00.
- “No Myth” by Jasmine Ash and Peter Adams (00:25:00): The Hollywood Stargirl soundtrack song scores a sequence at Forte. Iggy (Al Madrigal) introduces Maggie (Jasmine Ash) and Dan (Peter G. Adams). The duo performs with their accordion named Sam.
- “Love and Mercy” by Grace VanderWaal (00:27:00): Stargirl takes the stage at Forte. She dedicates a song to Evan. Stargirl performs one of her favorite songs by The Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson.
- “Love and Mercy” by Brian Wilson (00:32:00): Stargirl eats ice cream with Evan. They sit together and gaze at the Los Angeles horizon.
- “Miracle Mile” by Z Berg (00:35:00): The Hollywood Stargirl soundtrack song accompanies a car sequence. Susan listens to a Roxanne Martel track with Evan and Terrell. Stargirl sings the song briefly at 00:40:00.
- “Figure It Out” by Grace VanderWaal and Elijah Richardson (00:48:00): Stargirl works on a new song with Evan at Forte. She plays Roxanne’s guitar. The track is featured again at 00:52:00 and 01:04:00.
- “If I Got It (Your Love Brought It)” by Aaron Frazer (01:07:00): Terrell speaks to friends and family members during a group dinner scene. The music scores a transition sequence. Terrell uploads his sizzle reel.
- “Heaven Knows” by Grace VanderWaal (01:18:00): Stargirl learns that she might have to leave Los Angeles. She plays her ukelele and sings in her room. The Hollywood Stargirl soundtrack song also scores the end credits at 01:36:00.
- “Made of Gold” by Nick Baxter (01:26:00): Cousin Bryan (Nick Baxter) performs at Forte. Iggy asks the audience to “keep it going.” He jokes about Bryan repeatedly performing the same song.
- “Dreaming” by Uma Thurman and Grace VanderWaal (01:30:00): Stargirl takes the stage at Forte with Roxanne. She dedicates the track to “all the dreamers out there.” Roxanne performs one of her songs with Stargirl.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Valet’
The Hollywood Stargirl soundtrack also includes:
- “Celebrate Tonight” by Extreme Music
- “Thirteen” by Alex Chilton, Christopher Bell
- “1% Crown” by Scone Cash Players
- “Changes Pt. 1 & 1” by Neal Francis
- “One Woman” by STACEY
- “Biggest Gossip in Town” by Rockin Horse
- “Glory Strums (Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner)” by Hiss Golden Messenger
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.